This object is in archive! 

Virtual thermostat not working properly

Pablo shared this problem 6 years ago
Known

Hello,

My Zipatile relay is connecting and disconnecting the boiler, supposedly according my 4 virtual thermostats Pro schedules (multiroom config).

But the problem is the relay is not responding or the virtual thermostats not working, because when I have a temperature difference between set point and current temperature, valves open but relay doesn't act.

After several hours with 2-3 degrees of difference and the house cold, I reset the Tile and finally it works. But only few minutes or even less than a minute!! Then again no relay action or nonsense action. See the attachment with the ON->OFF in the same minute.

Moreover, when the relay works, a valve is not opening. And not because the valve itself, but because of any other problem.

I am coming from a Honeywell Evohome solution and wanted to integrate home heating into domotics. BUT Honeywell is supper reliable and Zipato is the opposite.

No need to say heating at home is critical and the system should be supper reliable. Not only because of the expenses but also because of comfort.

If someone is suffering these kind of inconveniences, it would be good if you could share or click like,because looks like is the only way Zipato reacts lately.

Replies (10)

photo

can you post image of the VT's settings and all corresponding rules?

photo

Here you can see:

I've got 4 VTs:

* 3 rooms with 1 Popp valve, and temperature sensor the valve itself

* 1 room with 2 Danfos, and temperature sensor Zipatile sensor

7cd3695e43c8ed454f18c00f05d09f29b380c68c813fc5924907afe575f3a4b9

photo
photo

Need to creare rule as follows:

WHEN any of the thermostat outputs state ANY heat(on) IF any of the thermostats output ON turn on, ELSE OFF

This however requires pro licence as you will need to add 1 virtual switch as heating output to each thermostats output. You will have 4 virtual switches.

photo

Hi Atila, thanks for the tip!

I have changed the VTs and now I have a different Virtual Switch as Output for each VT. And changed the rule:

2ff8b817ccd36816db3e273cdce8dae9

Will tell you if it works!

photo

Atila, now VTs work great! Key was one virtual switch per VT, and then the above rule. THANKS A LOT ATILA! Super happy.

photo

You are welcome. I guess you either already had PRO license, or purchased one as the above is not possible without the PRO license.

photo

Attila, see here: https://community.zipato.com/topic/virtual-alarm-pro-only-paying#comment-34791

Same happens with Virtual Thermostats.

photo

Well. When you create VT from scratch and you are not a PRO user, then you can only create VT and not VT PRO. Obviously because of this you cannot add a virtual switch as part of the output and then you cannot basically make a 4 zoned system. The thing you mention in the other topic is related to the alarm and not the thermostat. I guess they are Intruder, Safety, Cloud and Elderly, which come pre-configured when you 1st time start up the zipatile. If you completely change them and they are really PRO unlocked, they can be used, but I have not tested this.

photo

Hi Attila, I'm sorry to hijack this conversation, but I'm having trouble setting my IR extender to control my A/C and I came across your exchange with Pable.

Basically I have an IR extender, I managed to link it to my A/C. It works fine when I set the temperature manually, but not with the virtuel thermostat (it does not follow the day and night schedule for instance). I also want to be able to set the temperature via and HTTP request and I can't.

Could it be because I don't use a Pro VT in your opinion?

Thanks.

photo
photo

Hi. Have you set the ir extender as temperature, input and output?

photo

The ir extender is a thermostat device so no need to have pro

photo

Thank you for your reply. Actually now it seems to work almost OK (I just know why when I set it to Run the program it sets the right value for 5 sec (20°C) and then switches automatically to "Until next" with a value that I never set anywhere (20.5°C)! See the little screen cast that I made here.

But really what I'd like to do is to be able to use the variables (like the Target temperature mostly) into a HTTP request to use it on my Google Home assistant via IFTTT. But I'm unable to find where I can set this value. All I found is

https://my.zipato.com/zipato-web/remoting/attribute/set?serial=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&apiKey=undefined&ep=fce4a1d9-9fcf-49aa-9e33-2b375457511f&target=

But it does not work when I set a value (I guess the fact that apikey is "undefined" is not really a good thing, but I don't know how to correct that.

Any idea?

Thank you so much.

photo

And yes, I have set the IR extender as temperature, input and output:

35721f82ecf3c94c2080ab440101c001

photo

For me, as below, at INPUT, there should be nothing. IR is not a thermostat.

21b7002c89c99923fd50517d6ecb7aa7

photo

Thank you very much, but IR is also a thermostat (well a temperature sensor). But I'll try with another sensor - even though I don't think it will fix the problems I have).

photo
photo

I have to admit im unsure why it goes to until next, but this should basically mean that the program is running...as it will obey next change.

As for http inputs, that will probably take some logic and a nice rule to get working. Im unsure how to do it but think it should be used in connection to a virtual meter and its value.

photo

Btw, insert the ir also into the cooling input

photo

Ir is a thermostatic device as it supports thermostatic command classes. Now based on my logic as the ir extender is capable to send a command to change desired temperature, this is an input so in order for the VT to work correctly, the ir should be also added for inputs but also in the cooling section.

photo

Yes I can do that, but I don't think it will change anything as for now (winter) I only use it in the heating mode.

I really don't understand why the Run program does not work properly...

Thank you for your help anyway.

Have a good night.

photo

Eric, I alsi had this Until Next situation. And after several tests with Support bug was never solved (they tried). So I gave up with the VTs and went back to my former Homeywell Evohome solution.

Wish you best luck!

photo

That's really a shame. Actually I re-tested it and nothing except the manual setting of the temperature works. I'm desperate!!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file