This object is in archive! 

Wallmote supported functions?

Kenth Ringsby shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Is swipe one of the supported functions?

I do not see any events for it.

Replies (14)

photo

Kenth,

You can always ask Zipato support directly by creating a ticket on https://support.zipato.com/ I don't have this device.

photo

Any news on this please?

photo

I would also like to know if there is any new info about this. Did you submit a ticket to get response from Zipato?

photo

I believe swipe is definitely supported

photo

I have the latest firmware (1.3.13) and Aeon Labs WallMote QUAD firmware 1.8 but there is no swipe option in the rule editor, only buttons 1 - 4 press, held and released. Am I missing something or do I need a later version of the firmware?

photo
photo

Hi Clive. When did you join your Wallmote ? If the swipe function has been added after you joined your device you might need to delete and re-join.

I have the same issue as you and can test this later tonight and confirm again here.

:)

photo

Hi Henning, Good point! I was on firmware 1.2.29 when I joined the Wallmote. Perhaps re-joining it since upgrading to 1.3.13 will resolve the issue.

Please confirm when you can.

Best regards

Clive

photo

Hello again Clive. Bad news. I do not manage to enable any slide events even after removing and re-joining my wallmote (exclusion and inclusion)

Actually a few events actually dissapeared when I did this. See images.

I also run my Zipabox with the latest FW 1.3.13 ans my Wallmote has FW 1.8.

I include some images:

-Wallmote Devicemanager Tree: The whole tree of info from my devicemanager.

-Wallmote Events BEFORE: The events to choose from before rejoining the device.

-Wallmote Manual parameters: The info from the manual about sliding functions.

-Wallmote Custom Config: The configuration I did manually.

-Wallmote Events AFTER: The events to choose from AFTER rejoining the device.

I believe I will do a ticket with all this info and hope for help. Vedran has been super fast the last couple of weeks so I hope he has time to support this also. :)

// Henning

photo

Hi Henning, Sorry to hear the bad news. Please let me know how you get on when you raise a ticket. The main reason I bought the WallMote was for the sliding so I am very disappointed that it doesn't work.

Best regards

Clive

photo

Hi

I have 3 wallmote's but swipe is not support as I know.

@Henning: if you get a Response from support I would be interested too to know if swipe is still not supported.

Thanks

Beat

photo

I just bought a swipe and I was told it was fully supported by Zipato, I cannot test it now but will open a ticket for sure if swipe does not work.

photo

Has anyone had success with swipe or raised a ticket for it?

photo

Any news from anyone?

photo

Hi Clive. Sorry for the delay.

I have a ticket open for this issue.

Last week Zipato did a n attempt to include the swipe function(s) but it was unsucessful.

I will update my comments here ASAP when there is any good news.

Here are some pictures from my tests:

dcb5a5c016271674cba72395ec380426

photo

Opened a ticket too, my wallmote's endpoints cannot be used on rules at all.

aa0980b43eda1a7301ce39a5ee8db7fc

d5106fbbb166c12ac14ae5597108b9fa

89654e96cd10bc9be6377d56a32ad3c3

photo

Hello Alberto. Please share if you get any reply to your ticket.

What FW do you run in your box and it the Wallmote?

I run 1.3.15 in my Zipabox and 1.8 in the Wallmote. My Wallmote is a quad with 4 buttons.

a4293e6ea4a6ab0e5bb12c62bacabf68

photo

Henning,

Sure I will, no luck yet with support. I'm running on Wallmote FW 1.8 and Zipabox with 1.3.13... didn't know there is a newer beta on the zipabox.

What type of device is the wallmote end point, I have it as "touch control" but as you saw above I don't even show button events.

photo

Thanks everyone for the updates. Sorry to hear no one has swipe function working yet.

Please keep us updated...

photo
photo

Any news from anyone?

Best wishes

Clive

On 30 April 2018, at 01:45 pm, Zipato Support Portal <mailer@3plus.hr> wrote:

photo

No updates anyone? not in my ticket...

photo

No updates on my ticket. :( A sad story, really.

photo

Any news on this please?

photo

I had some feedback in my ticket about 40days ago but it was only telling me that they could not investigate this further right now because of all the focus on the new products etc.

Since the Wallmote is a really cool and popular device, I am sure Zipato will find time to add full support to it soon. I will offer to send my device to them as testing sample if needed.

photo

What pisses me off is that I asked Zipato support if it was compatible BEFORE buying the product, and they said "Its fully compatible", and surprise! not fully compatible after trying.

photo

I spent 3hours today testing all options just to make sure it does not work. And it doesn't.

I removed and resetted and rejoined my Wallmote Quad just to test.

I will open a ticket also with Aeotec and ask if they can offer som extra info.They market the slide function a little strange on their website (sliding sideways between button 3 and 4) compared to the manual so it would be great to know how this funtion actually works and what messages are sent and when.

I am sure the problem is somewhere in the missing attributes on all the endpoints and/or the group associations list in the manual? I also wonder why the individual units "EP1 unused-EP4 unused" are "touch control" devices but the group unit "Wallmote" is a "touch sensor"?

One more very interesting thing is that the Wallmote manual actually says: Swiping up once will dim up a dimmer device by a certain percentage, while swiping down once will dim down a dimmer device by a certain percentage.

If this is the case then the functions StartchangeUp and STartchangeDown etc must be wrong????

I include some images from my testing just in case.

All the best! // Henning

22ef12241159b65f4a6e5715596d41e6

9fba4b155ac76249642208d39166d585

da8ed5190162ec13879647d4d17adf15

22434e88ba0aee78028cd8bf6eec4ea7

5b863d4e6d606c76a4f8fa6560779a43b10915e026a2e96e3d7d1686e24214c5

463403afbffe9cdf500403474874b7e2

eb9b1a741fb939fd2127ad003a09da50 769a675b5d0d8fd2764a4544af93a036

photo

I think you need to use manage association in the advaced tab to use the swipe/dimmer function of the wallmote. As it's described in the manual as group association.

I don't have any luck to associate anything directly to each other with this function. Maybe it could have to do with the secure inclusion of all of my devices. I read something that it could cause some issues.

photo

Thanks Alex. You are right. This comes down to group associations. Probably exactly as stated in the Wallmote manual.

I had this reply from Aeotec in my ticket with them:

Swipe up and Swipe down are "Group Association" only for direct control or direct dimming. It cannot be used for scene control. (Group Association #3, 5, 7, and 9 for dimming).

​Scene control is only used for Tap, or Press and Hold in this case.

Swipe Up or down will send MULTILEVEL SWITCH LEVEL CHANGE and a second later MULTILEVEL SWITCH LEVEL STOP which does a slight change in dimming for direct control of devices.

Now personnally I don't even understand 10% of the Z-wave standard so this is all greek to me. But it also seems kind of strange that I actually see functions like "increase", "decrease", "startchangeup" and "level rocker down" etc when I try to use the rule creator for this?Hopefully one day I will understand. But it will not be any time soon. Have a great day! // Henning

Leave a Comment

Attach a file