I can't create a rule with the toggle function.

Michael Barbezat shared this question 10 years ago
Answered

I've tryed to do :

If a switch is toggle, toggle 2 lights (with two fibaro double switch module) and nothing happens.

If I make the same rule with; if the switch is on turn the light on it works but then I can't turn them off.

If I create : if the switch is toggle, if the switch is on, turn lignt on, else turn off the light. Nothing happens.

I can't understand.

Thanks for your Help.

Replies (13)

photo

We have confirmed this problem on our test Zipabox since 0.9.987.

photo

You should use toggle as event trigger only if your device supports that action.

And rule will trigger only when you call toggle action on that device, not if you just change it's state by clicking on/off buttons.

photo

in fact you should use the "Attribute Event - Any" instead of "Action Event - Toggle".

It's new ? I had not noticed the possibilities of choice between "Attribute" and "Event" before ...

Thanks Nenad for your fast respons.

photo

You are right... Attribute event "Any" means when state of device attribute is changed, no matter is it on or off.

We removed "Control" puzzle that was used for Action events and leave only "Sensor" puzzle with possibility to choose between Attribute or Action events.

photo

Hello and thanks or your answer!

Sorry but I can't understand.

I've 2 switches and one light, I would press on one of the switch to turn the light on and in the other to turn it off. or simply press two time on the same switch to turn on and off the light. (schema 3)

For me I should use an action event because the switch is the requestor and not the light.

Do you have an example of this simple rule? (printscreen?)

Thanks!

photo

up?

photo

Could you please explain to me that no one of attached printscreen is working?

Maybe I'm stupide... But for me it seem simple and it is just not working and I can't find any answer!

My device was bought by domotique store maybe they will be kind enough to explain to me why it is not working? ;-)

photo

Can you post screenshot of your rule, what you have so far (even it doesn't work), because I don't fully understand what you are trying to achieve. And what devices exactly are you using?

photo

You can find printscreen attached. (I hope this time)

9dJMUAUsAKyvA9ekgOmc

iEBLpf043pJ8KemKK1cx

photo

Action event 'Toggle' has been removed from all devices that don't have toggle support.

We have Toggle action but it will fire toggle event only if device supports it, otherwise it will fire on/off event.

Now your inputs don't have Toggle action event, so you can't make a mistake.

photo

Ok, but it is not answering my initial question.

How can I start and shut down a device from 2 or 3 switches?

It is current schema...

IK2xLnvNLFDVCkiYV5Gy

photo

We added action event 'Any'. Now you will be able to create rule like you initially wanted with 'Toggle' which didn't work because toggle action isn't supported on your input.

Here is example:

CTRBzpBCMRgfI276Vjgd

photo

And it works!!!!

It will just unlock my Zipabox, thanks a lot Nenad!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file