This object is in archive! 

Kaadas Locks in zwave?

Adrian Van Der Heijden shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Does anyone know if the new Kaadas locks will work with Zipato?

I mean full functionality, adding and removing pin codes, being able to identify users, etc etc via the Zipato programming?

They are gorgeous locks with a lot of functionality and not very expensive.

https://www.keylessentrysystems.com.au/product/m9-fingerprint-door-lock-mini-smart-lock/

Replies (4)

photo

Nice Adrian,

It is actually the first fingerprint zwave doorlock I have seen, all other fingerprint are standalone or wifi. I like it, have you tried asking directly to support? They just shared a compatibility list and I don't see any kaadas lock.

photo

Hi Alberto, no haven't asked support yet. I talked to their representative here in Australia and they say they talked to Zipato at CES this year and agreed to integrate the locks into the Zipato ecosystem. I was hoping it was already done and someone may have tried these.

We will be trying one out next week, so will keep you informed. They are high quality locks with RFID, fingerprint and keypad. Amazing.

photo

Nice Adrian,

The locks look very nice so keep us posted. I will inquire Mexico's representative about this, however I see they only manufacture in AUS zwave frequency so most likely it won't work for us.

photo

We have one in our lab and are working on supporting it. We will update this thread when we have more information.

BR,

Mislav

photo

Thanks Mislav. I also have one now in the showroom now.

Looking forward to a full integration. ie being able to add user codes and identify user codes when entered. RFID and Fingerprint access would also be good to identify if this could be tied to a Zipato user/account. I realise you can not add these via the Zipato interface, but if they could be tied to a user account it would be great.

Is there anything I can do to help? How long do you think this integration will take?

photo

Hi Aidrian,

Spoke to the rep and where they are heading:-

We are going to make 3 Zwave frequencies :-

ANZ for Australia, South America and South East Asia.

US for North America

And EU for Europe.

He also confirmed Zipato have a lot going on and didn't have time to take on any extra development.

photo

Hi,

The Kaadas M9 is officially supported. We are still hoping to get some more advanced functionality hopefully but at the moment the integration is pretty basic.

Kind regards,

Borna

photo

thanks Borna.

I can confirm as I have tested the M9 and can get lock status and can lock and unlock the lock. Within the device manager there is options to add user codes, but this does not work.

Within rule creator you can only unlock/lock lock and get status, no ability to identify users.

I guess this is the applicable over the entire Kaadas range of locks?

photo

Hi Adrian,

unfortunately adding users will not be possible. If you add the door lock again that option should not be visible. Kaadas tells us that the M9 was their first effort venturing into z-wave and that it doesn't support anything except the lock/unlock, battery level. This is the information we got Yesterday. So alarm/notifications are also out of the question (except lock/unlock).

Personally. I did love the fingerprint (non swipe) option on the door lock.

From what we got the info. Other door locks in their product range should have "full functionality". So we are looking forward to trying one of them in the future.

photo

Again, thanks Borna. Much appreciated for your feedback.

I'll get them to send you a K series that should have all functionality then.

photo

Hi Borna,

I've got a Kaadas M9 lock and a z-wave module, so they both have 8-pin male connectors. Can you tell me how can I install the module into the lock? Should I use some extra f-f cord?

photo

Hi Andrew,

the door lock itself on the inner side above the batteries should have receptacle and a female connector for the small module z-wave.

The module itself should have the male leads for the connector.

If there are some physical changes that happened for the door lock please contact Kaadas.

For concrete questions and a look into the system please open a ticket so you don't share any personal information here publicly.

Kind regards,

Borna

photo

hi borna

kaada K8 lock is compatible with zipato.?

photo
photo

Hello everyonethe kaada K8 lock is compatible with zipato.

photo

some answer

Leave a Comment

Attach a file