Cannot include D-Link DCH-Z110 properly to Zipamicro

acteck shared this problem 6 years ago
Solved

Hello,

in my ZipaBox system I have 10 of D-Link DCH-Z110 running for a long time. Now I have a new ZipaMicro. I can include it, but the door sensor shows allways "closed". I looked at configuration, but there is no difference to the ZipaBox installation.

Is there a know problem with the DCH-Z110?

Best Answer
photo

It depends maybe on browser as I have seen.

Close the devices option and open it again - go direct to the needed parameter, then you will see the options.

If you will open an other parameter before - for second parameter maybe the options will not be shown.

I was a bit confused too ;)

Michael

Replies (8)

photo

Its included properly, it just doesn't switch the status.

To fix that, go to configuration tab of that device and for parameter 7 - customer switch - turn all the bits on and send the configuration to the device. It should fix it.

photo

How to send?

photo

I change the bits and then? How do I send the change?

photo

I managed it by sending Parameter 7, Size 4, Value 63. This works. I think there is a button missing in the UI to send parameters which are set by UI directly. I did not found how to send them. But now it is solved.

photo

Hello,

For future reference Vedran was talking about this configuration tab:

BR,

Mislav

photo

Hey,

in my UI I do not see "send, retrieve, cancel". So that is why I asked how to send.

Andreas

photo

It depends maybe on browser as I have seen.

Close the devices option and open it again - go direct to the needed parameter, then you will see the options.

If you will open an other parameter before - for second parameter maybe the options will not be shown.

I was a bit confused too ;)

Michael

photo

Hi,

today I faced exactly the same problems. I have 7 D-Link Door/Window sensors working since years. They are included to a ZipaBox and I applied exactly the settings Mislav published above.

Today I tried to move them from the Box to a Zipatile. Included to the Tile - with Mislav´s settings - the Door sensor does not work anymore. In the web UI the state is always CLOSED, in the IOS App there is NO state and the security section it is shown as not ready - no matter what state the door really has.

So where are the differences between ZipaBox and ZipaTile which may lead to the different behavior??

Regards Bernd

photo

Hi, it is another issue, I think so...

have you checked at Web-UI? is here the same?

In the App - if you look at device events (menu at right side at door sensor) - do you see here any events?

Michael

photo

As I said Michael, in the web UI there is the state always CLOSED and no events recorded and in the IOS app there is NO state and also nothing recorded.

So to me it seems quite similar to the problems with the ZipaMini except that the settings in the Customer Switch section of the D-Link device according to Vedran´s / Mislav´s suggestions do not help in this case..

By the way these six Bits in the Customer Switch represent parameter 7 and by activating all of them parameter 7 gets the value of 63 (1+2+4+8+16+32 =63) It is not necessary to send value of 63 separated to param 7. Just activate them in the configuration, save and sync. But for my issue it doesn´t help.

Yesterday evening I tried to reinclude one to the ZipaBox again. It was successfully included but there was no open/close sensor anymore, only luminance and temperature. So maybe with the updated firmware they work, if they are already part of the whole system but do not work as door sensor when included in a system with already updated firmware - just an idea.

Bernd

photo

But you made a wakeup at the sensor, after changing parameters, right?

Only save and sync will not help, sensor is sleeping device ;)

(I think you made it,... just for the case....)

Michael

photo

Additional "stupid" idea.... Have you *send* the configuration to device?

Only save will not help.

See picture: (other device, but same principle)abac5114bc830d9af7a5b13bd5ff136c

photo

Yes of course I did so and I also waked up the sensor,

The solution was prior to the exclusion/inclusion to the ZipaTile make a faktory reset :-)

After a factory reset the sensor goes automatically in inclusion mode. Then do the right settings, save sync and send the settings to the device,,Thats all.

Thank you for your ideas,

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file