This object is in archive! 

KNX interface to ip

Øyvind Taknæs shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

Hi,

im considering the Zipato Zipabox Duo. Planning to hook it up to my existing KNX installation and expand with Z-wave products.

Just one question:

- I've got an KNX IP Gateway which has an local IP on my LAN (picture of the module - http://i.imgur.com/5a2O7nK.jpg ). Can I access the KNX resources with the Zipabox Duo over IP or do I need the KNX module which hooks up to the KNX bus?

Best regards,

ØyvindT

Norway

Best Answer
photo

KNX over IP was implemented some time ago.

Replies (14)

photo

That is a very good question. The only one I know uses KNX devices succesfully is a guy named DerHelle, he's got a blog http://zipabox.de/, either you can ask him and/or you can open a ticket in zipato support.

photo

Thanks Alberto, I'll ask DerHelle. Have you got his email adress? (Couldn't find one on the blog site).

photo

I don´t think this will work. I seems you have to buy the KNX Expansion module. Otherwise i have many problems with the module. No 2 bytes datas get recognized (for example temperatur....)

photo

Hi,

KNX over IP is not possible. You only can do it over the connector.

regards Helle

photo

Thanks Alberto, Marcel and derHelle. I think I'll just try the KNX bus approach and do some testing within the stores free-return period.

photo

Hey,

I saw that KNXIP is now available.

regards Helle

photo

I have it with KNX IP tunneling and it works fine.

photo

KNX over IP was implemented some time ago.

photo

Nice, will try with my KNX Lab setup. I was thinking of doing KNX-Zwave gateway for expanding KNX to Z-wave.

photo

And what is better? KNX Tunelling or dedicated Zipato module?

Please share :-)

photo

Zipato KNX module is peace of shit without any support, I wrote ticket and no answer after a few months.....

photo

yes, i see that documentation is missing for KNX part.. very very sad...

I'm still trying to read sensors values by KNXIP for a week and no result...

photo

It support only a few sensors, not everyone. You have to set it as a meter or multivalue, not value, value don't show anything, I dont know why. You must try by yourself, if you want it be done.

photo

Pavel, thanks...

Another question, what do you have to specify in Value_Datapoint_Type? is it like "DPT 09" or 9.001 for temperature ?

Also, when I import my esf file, it has null for dptID and num... is it normal?

{"groupName":"TEMPERATURE SUITE SdB","group":"12/0/1","dptId":null,"num":null}

Thank you...

photo

9.001, but it could be empty, because you will see only number and if you want degrees, you have to add it in api. It's OK, that is null null, it's another bug, I think.

photo

Pavel, could I please ask you how your configuration is done on the ETS side?

Do you have a separate group for each meter? or multiple meters in 1 group.

Thank you

photo
photo

Separate, because if you choose multimeter, it take only first device :-D you must play with it.

photo

Hello Pavel,

Pfff.. no way, i spent 10 hours and no result...

Dont know what to do ....

:-(

photo

Do you have correctly set KNX? You need to export project from ETS software and have KNX S-mode points. After that you will get esf file, and then you can use it in zipato. If you have temperature for example, you will choose meter in knx ip, choose correct item from esf file to value1 and synchronize. Then you have to wait, when the temperature sensor change temperature and send value through KNX network. It can take some time.

photo

Hello Pavel

Can you explain what is KNX S-mode points? Is necessary another software?

Regards.

photo
photo

It's working!

In fact i was supposing that Zipato was polling the device... but it just read it from network.

So, when I was reading the datapoint from ETS, it was sending, Zipato was able to read it.

I've change the setup on the device to broadcast the value on the network, and it works now ! (of course, only Meter, not MultiValue or Value..)

Thank you!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file