This object is in archive! 

Power and/or Internet connection loss

TorM shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

I (think) that I am experiencing that the Zipatobox is sending out signals uncontrolled after a power loss or loss of internet connection. When the power or internet connection comes back, I experience that my garden lights are on. (These are some Nexa 433 MHz plugs and a GreenWave powerplug).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Did I configure something wrong? Or do I need a Rule to be run after this type of events?

Replies (12)

photo

Hi TorM,

I have same problem. After power loss or just a short power peak, all my lights and blinds change state.

From Zipato they claim that problem is within rules and scenes, I still can't find any problem there so good luck.

photo

I have also paid € 100, for Zipato to analyze my rules. They were not able to figure it all out. It seems to me that there is some weakness in their system, which they do not want to admit. Debugging possibilities are almost non-existing.

So, I have made a "clean-up rule" that initializes everything after a restart. (I have a rule that detects restarts)

photo

did you get a refund?

photo
photo

Did you detect that problems are after restart of zipabox? It happen randomly and It should not change anything after restart but it does change.

photo

Yep, my door bell ghost-rings a few times each day because of this. 5-10 min later I get a notice that the garage door is closed...

Both sensors are used in rules to send push notifications. It seems the system is updating all sensor states after losing connection to the internet. The same happens when I synchronize or reboot.

photo

This is also how I detect if there has been a restart, as all variables are set to 0 after a restart. This will then of course influence all rules that are based on variables. And I also experience that the different sensors/switches are triggered after a re-start.

But one thing that you can do is to turn on the "Cloudless Mode". Unless you check this box (under settings), the Zipato will restart every 5 minutes when the internet connection is down.

photo

Cloudless mode is turned on from begging.

My system is more or less simple, also rules, as you can see I just use some switches and sensors to activate scenes.

I didn't notice any problems when there is no internet connection, only with power loss.

Also sometimes all light and blinds are going ON and sometimes all OFF, opposite of current state.

It is very frustrating to have all light On at 3Am or to come home after vacation and find all light and blinds open.

photo

TorM, how did you made a rule that detects restarts?

photo

Hi, I have a scheduler that sets the value of a variable to 1, if it is 0. And then another that checks if the variable is between 1 and 2. If it is, the variable is incremented, and my outdoor lights are turned off. So after a few runs, the Variable goes to the value 3, and then never enters the rules again. But at a restart, all variables are automatically set to 0, and hence it is detected again. See attachment. (The Variable_Inspector is a virtual meter, to be able to follow/trace how it is working, as there are no debugging options).

photo

this is a good idea, and something that should simply be put into the Zipato code, on a restart dont activate a rule upon getting device values. Or a check box if you want it to run on a restart. Rather than having to add your own line to a rule to check a variable.

photo

Actually Adrians post made me think. There is a API call that reboots the current zipato

Hete is the link

https://my.zipato.com:443/zipato-web/v2/box/reboot

If you put a / at the end and add your serial of zipato, this will reboot the zipato with serial. Im unsure if this can be used though when not logged in but give this a try.

photo

My question is how to make a rule to use physical switches in the house for activating different scenes without Zipabox activating same rule after restart just because physical switch is ON so Zipabox activate that scene without anybody asking for?

photo
photo

My question is how to make a rule to use physical switches in the house for activating different scenes without Zipabox activating same rule after restart just because physical switch is ON so Zipabox activate that scene without anybody asking for?

photo

So actually, I do not think rules are activated unless you trigger them on variables. But it seems that all outputs might be triggered in some random way. I must also say that after activating the cloudless mode, my Zipato does not restart very often anymore.

photo

Yes there are, I just receive message from Zipato developers and they said that is normal to expect that???

So every time zipabox reset it will triger all rules if switch is in same position like when in rule. No need to activate switch which will be normal but for tham this is normal so I will now burn my zipabox and buy something that works.

I am done with finding my house open an all light on just because zipabox reset and I was on holiday. I only had 2 bistabil switch connected to one MM double zipa swich for 2 diferent rules controlers in my house and for them it is stupid what I want and I need to made "Smarter rules".

photo
photo

It is annoying, but it is a very simple addition to your rules to add a variable to check for a restart. Though I am not sure if variables are available to use like this without the pro licence. Can anyone confirm?

If you have a backup battery module you can use this in a rule to determine a restart also, this is how I do it. Though I'm not sure why the alarm partitions that are available on the zipatile are available for a zipabox too, as this would also help to identify a restart.

Alot of controller operate like this, though most probably don't restart or need a reboot as often. My Zipabox has start to reboot again more regularly again since 2 months ago, no reason, nothing changed.

photo

Dear Adrian Van Der Heijden, I am sorry but I can't understand how will that help me solve my problem?

I don't need to know did or when zipabox restarted, I know that when zipabox restart my rule will be exectuted without my request.

You can see from attached my simple "HOME" and " AWAY" rules.

"SCENA ULAZNA VRATA" are simple bistable switch connected to Zipato MM double switch S1 which I physically press when enter home to raise blinds and switch light on if there is no sun light from outside (HOME) and switch everything off when leaving home (AWAY).

BUT if Zipabox restart spontaneously it will execute that same rule when I don't want (exactly 20 min after restart).

This is not normal, and finally after more than 3 years I have answer from Zipato:

After reset Zipabox asking all devices for status and mostly all devices answer with only Online/not Online status, but Zipato MM double switch answer also with state and that is what trigger my rule when I don't want. (original technical support answer on Croatian below)

You can imagine what kind of problems that can produce, for example, physical switch is ON (HOME) after arriving home, than I go to bed and switch OFF all lights with my phone and OFF scene. Than in the middle of the night Zipabox reset and again trigger rule "HOME" (switch is physical still ON as I am still at home) and than all light switch on and blinds start to raise and everybody is awake and crazy without knowing what is going on.

But the worst is end of below answer from technical support:

It is how it is working and we can't do anything regarding that, try to find another solution which will make you satisfied. Kind regards!

---------------------------------

"Pozdrav Andrej,

Nakon današnjeg debuggiranja, zaključak je sljedeći: Zipato MM Switch Double radi na takav način - kad ga kontroler pita za status (a mora pitati i pita redom sve uređaje), on vrati da je ONLINE i da je u stanju ON. Ta činjenica okida rule. Većina ostalih uređaja vraća samo status (ONLINE), ali ne i svoje stanje, i zato se rulovi kojima upravljaju drugi uređaji ne okidaju. Uređaj tako radi i mi tu na žalost ne možemo ništa napraviti.

Pokušajte pronaći nekakvo rješenje s kojim ćete biti zadovoljni.

Lijep pozdrav!

----------------------

photo
photo

Hi,

I am also thinking that it is strange that your Zipato re-starts so often. I had issues with that 1-2 years ago, but not anymore. Maybe you should ask the support to find out why it is restarting?

photo

It is not restarting often but when it does it happen usually in the middle of the night.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file