This object is in archive! 

Lost functionality on Yale Locks after years of working

Alberto Macias shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello Community,

I own a few Yale Locks with Z-wave compatibility, even though functionality could be greatly improved they used to work fine with Zipabox, I could control them from any interface and also on rules, I was able to even manage 10 users from ZIPABOX and receive events when these users locked or unlocked the door and even used these to create rules in order to disarm my alarm and even make voice welcome greetings.

A few months ago I stopped receiving events by user (only lock/unlock) and my alarm stopped being automatically ARMED and DISARMED by these. After a few interactions with Zipato Support and months of waiting there is no progress on this issue, this was one of my favorite features of Zipato and worked for many years before, is there anyone else with the same problem? I'm not sure if this is a problem on the Virtual Alarm or Yale locks, seems it is on the locks since I don't receive this events after firmware upgrade (running 1.3.13).

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Alberto,

I have the exact same issue with Kwikset Smartlock, Last working version in 1.2.29 and it stopped working on 1.3.13. I have a case opened with Zipato for several months and the issue is still not fixed. I thought it was related only to my model of smartlock. Now I know its not.

On my end, as soon as I downgrade the zipatile firmware to 1.2.29, I gain back the functionality working as it was before.

Olivier

photo

You had to request the downgrade through Zipato support correct?

photo
photo

Hi Alberto and Olivier. I have a Yale Lock with the Z-Wave module version 1 (the green one), and a Zipatile running firmeware 1.2.41p.

I use that Yale lock since abput a year and a half, and never could figure out on how to use it with z-wave wider than for remote opening the door. Never could use it to disarm my Intruder alarm, nor using rules for setting actions or listening to its events.

This is what I see in Device Manager:

/f8588acdb8c6dd3547f194288a805ddb

In devices explorer (or browser, don't know how it is in English), I have one "Door lock" called "Front yard: Door lock", and one "Keypad" called "User codes". None of them shows any event, but I can see events under "ALARM_V1" in "device manager", but those events are not listened on Rule Creator (since the Device ALARM_V1 is not shown); they are not listened niether by the Alarm "Intruder", where under my user I chosed the device under my user, and entablished "Dario HOME" under the "Disarm" property.

What am I doing bad? Thanks a lot.

PS: Alberto, to me is OK if you prefer answering in spanish. I tried to contact you directly, but didn't figure out on how to do it.

photo

Please, don't read the las comment from me... I was using unapropiate language.

Hi Alberto and Olivier. I have a Yale Lock with the Z-Wave module version 1 (the green one), and a Zipatile running firmeware 1.2.41p.

I use that Yale lock since about a year and a half. Even knowing that I didn't spend a lot of time and I'm really basic on Z-wave aknowledgment, I never could figure out on how to use it with z-wave wider than remote opening the door. Never could use it to disarm my Intruder alarm qhen the lock is onlocked, nor using rules for setting actions or for listening to the locks events.

This is what I see in Device Manager:

/f8588acdb8c6dd3547f194288a805ddb

My Device has 1 endpoint, which has 4 clusters. The only place where i noted that there is a log of every time the lock changes its state, is the attribute "ALARM_V1" of the "Alarm V1 Notifications" cluster.

In devices browser I have one "Door lock" called "Front yard: Door lock", and one "Keypad" called "User codes". Those are, obviously, the clusters 3 and 4 from the list above. I don't know how to read the events from cluster 1 to disarm my alarm, directly or executing a rule.

I cannot find the way to get the events from attribute "ALARM_V1" on Rule Creator (since ALARM_V1 is not shown as a device, nor as an attribute of the endpoint). Those events are not listened niether by the Alarm "Intruder", in which under my User, I chosed the proper device and entablished "Dario HOME" under the "Disarm" property.

What am I doing bad? Thanks a lot.

PS: Alberto, to me is OK if you prefer answering in spanish. I tried to contact you directly, but didn't figure out on how to do it.

photo

@Dario,

Right now looks like we have lost that functionality, so even if you configure the user codes, nothing will happen. I opened a ticket on zipato support, first they told me they would help me debug the issue but because I was out on a business trip we could't work on it. When I came back I wrote and they came back saying they were now busy and that they would need a unit to make tests and that seemed I was the only one with this issue.

My email is alberto.maciasp@outlook.com if you want to discuss further. But basically, the codes you add directly on the lock won't be shown in Zipato Box, only the ones you add from Zipato UI. Then you need to go to configuration of your virtual alarm and add these events to quick arm / disarm your alarm.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file