This object is in archive! 

Zipato: Clarity on UIDs and new firmware

David Pritchard shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

As I consider whether to upgrade to the new firmware sometime soon, I need to know one thing: does the post-1.3.29 firmware (1.3.60+) break the old UIDs for setting virtual meter values?

The old way to set multiple meter values was this:

https://my.zipato.com/zipato-web/remoting/attribute/set?serial=XXX&apiKey=YYY&ep=ZZZ&value1=x&value2=...

Now I notice that these UIDs have disappeared from the web UI and been replaced by

https://my.zipato.com/zipato-web/remoting/attribute/set?serial=XXX&apiKey=YYY&uuid=ZZZ&value=x

where uuid is different for each meter attribute. However, with 1.3.29, the old UIDs are still working. Will they stop working in 1.3.60+? If so, this means:

1. I have to change all of my Google App Scripts to reflect the new UIDs. This is a lot of work.

2. The number of URL fetches my scripts do will be multiplied by almost sixteen, since you can no longer set more than one attribute in a single fetch. GaS has limits on how many fetches you can do in a day.

Replies (7)

photo

I asked this question before but got deafening silence. I suspect that this means "yeah we broke it but we prefer not to tell you".

photo

I believe so, at least I had to redo all my virtual switches.

photo

When you say you had to redo your virtual switches, why is that?

My specific problem here is setting values in virtual meter attributes using the value1=x,value2=y syntax.

Is there a problem with virtual switches too?

photo

Hi David. I'm referring to the virtual switches. The URL changed in a small portion and was not working anymore. I expressed myself wrongly, I did not need to redo my virtual switches, I had to update the for example ifttt links...

photo

Ahh OK.

photo
photo

So to get this straight...

I'm now on .33 and if I move to .60 I have to recreate all my virtual switches which I use "all over the place"...

This is getting better and better....

photo

Mine still work on .61

photo

Unfortunately, you were the rare person using multiple attributes per request. We will check whether we can bring it back as option. Will know more this week.

Regarding the UID type, we had to change it due to some internal issue.

photo

Hi Sebastian

Thanks at least for the information.

The problem is that this change would almost certainly break the Google App Script limits on URL fetches per day. I source weather information and other data from external sources and fill multiple virtual meters with that information. This change would multiply the number of fetches by 16.

Let me know what happens on this. For now I'll stick with .29

photo

Any news on this? I would like to see whether my Modbus device now works, but this is preventing me from trying the new firmware...

photo

Hi,

It is a bit confusing. I am on 3.61. Created a virtual meter. In the device manager i see the "new"syntax" with seperate uuid's and value thing. However in the api i see the old thing with value1-valuen. Both url's seem to work.

photo

Ok, good to know.

I'm now being told not to upgrade though, because I have "lots of devices". Apparently the new firmware uses more memory or is in some way incompatible with very complex setups like mine.

It would be nice if someone could actually spell out the limitations of the system (or allow us to see free memory or some kind of metric of how close the system is to its limits).

photo

I agree with you. I must not be so difficult to show on the controller page the available (flash) memory, heap space etc. Fortunately, in zipabox 2, they increased memory to some 4Gb sd card memory. I think that this can be increased by using a sd card with larger capacity. However i do not know how much memory is used for internal memory.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file