This object is in archive! 

zipabox V2

Michel CHEMLA shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I would like to change my Zipabox V1 to a V2 cause zwave+, but I have 2 prelimery questions.

First of all, I read there is now a zwave extension module. Does it mean the zwave is no more natively included in ther box and the extension module is mandatory to have connexion with zwave devices?

Second, how can I migrate from my Zipabox V1 to a Zipabox V2 without to have to pair again the whole existing devices and rewrite my rules?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Kind regards

Michel

Replies (3)

photo

1. Yes you have to buy a z-wave extension box.

2. Ask support. A month ago my zipabox 1 broke down. At that time there was no way to migrate from 1 to 2. Even the backups i made we worthless. So i am still in the process building up my zipabox 2.

photo

Thanks

So, Zipato has changed his business model

Does it mean your system is down from this time ?

It will be impossible for me to wait such a long time.

Is there another possibility to change my box more quickly?

BR

photo

Although V1 is down since 1 month I can see the old configuration in the web browser. So i can see the old rules and devices.

So what i did was that i defined my most important devices and rules in V2. That is operational now (35+ devices and a number of rules).

But i had a lot of virtual devices and rules controling them. These are not operational yet.

But ask support what the eta of a migration tool is for migrating V1 to V2. I don't hope it is too far away. But I have my doubts. But hey: migrating manually is not too bad and V2 is very nice and much better than V1. And with a working V1 you can set V2 aside and migrate everything 1 by 1: So that everything stays operational.

photo

Do toi mean that if I have the 2 boxes, the migration is tedious but easy to achieve.

If so, how can I connect the 2 boxes to the same account?

photo

I did that with the Android App. In the top you see 3 horizontal lines. Tap on those you enter the main menu. Tap on your box name then you will see an item register Zipabox.

Then you have 2 boxes in the same account.

Something similar in the Web version somethin g similar. Click on the Zipato name (left upper corner) in Control Center. Then you can add a new box.

Good luck

photo

But, by this way, you are probably obliged to pair again all the connected devices?

How can you do it for the devices included in the walls?

photo

Yes, you have to redo everything. Concerning the devices in the wall: bang your head against that wall: doubt if that will work.

photo

I've been waiting for two months for the migration tool and don't expect to see it any time soon.

I bought the Zipabox 2 as soon as it was available but wish I'd held off now. I don't have the time to transfer everything manually so it is just sitting in it's box doing nothing.

photo

Who knows?

Do you know if zipato has planned to develop a migration tool?

Else buy this box will be a serious problem for the whole old customers.

photo

Well, I think I'm gonna wait for the availability of this tool before to change my box.

It's really a shame they don't think about before.

photo

In the mean time, if you have a pro license, you can put both boxes in a cluster.

photo

I have a pro license but, even with a cluster, this does not solve the problem of having to re-pair all devices

photo

Well there is another way. But i do not have experience with that. See article: https://community.zipato.com/topic/what-is-the-best-or-possible-way-to-do-the-migration-from-vera-to-zipabox-

In the Z-wave section of device manager there is an option: Start Learn mode. Meant to be to include / exclude a Z-wave controller from a Z-wave network.

Never used it.

photo

So, I read it and, at the end, Zipato says the 3 of the 6 features to do this, are not ready.

So you can wait for it.

photo

Yes that was 5 years ago. Now it is. Search for "Zipato start learn mode"

photo

@John Rabbit after clicking your link it says page not found.

photo

Hi,

I didn't find the post "Zipato start learn mode".

Could you send me the link?

Thx

Br

Michel

photo

Hi, You have to search this forum (enter words in top left corner: Zipato start learn mode). The result is some articles describing this.

photo

Hi,

Your last post is a bit annoying. after 50 years of computer science I thought I knew how to search in a forum.

I confirm you I have not found the topic you tell me. I only found topics explaining what the learning mode is.

So, if you could send me directly the link would be kind of you.

Br

Michel

photo
photo

Thanks, I'm gonna read it

Leave a Comment

Attach a file