This object is in archive! 

FTP Server

Damir Maracic shared this problem 4 years ago
Solved

Hello,

I'm trying to configure one IP camera to use your FTP server but credentials which I've copied to camera FTP settings, from camera settings page @ my.zipato.com do not work.

I've tested with filezilla and I got password incorrect.

Username: oATADvDgNWtcpwUB

Replies (2)

photo

Hi, I was facing same issue like you. According what I have understand from informations from support is this functinality not fully supported. They created it for some specific function and when you try to setup usual camera for it, it will fail. This FTP server is not even accesible as normal FTP server. So I do not see purpose in using it.

photo

I had it working before, but it stopped working for some reason. I guess they changed something?

photo

Hi Mattias, could you share with me how it worked? I was pretty confused by information which support has provided me.

photo

I just put in credentials from IP Camera in Zipato to FTP settings in camera. When there was a motion detected a picture was uploaded to Zipato FTP and then i could look at the pictures from Zipato gui.

photo

Thanks, this corresponds to my understanding how it should work. Now I probably understand, the respond which I got from support previously was mixed to both functionality. There are to types of connection to camera available. One is for motion alarm and the second is for live video or snapshot. "we require the cameras to be ONVIF capable and access the streams and snapshots from the provided addresses. If the rule is triggered to take a snapshot for example, Zipato system will store it on the FTP. Motion sensors built in cameras are NOT supported. + Our system grabs the necessary data from the camera. Not the other way around. + FTP is for Zipato system use only and you cannot access it."

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file