This object is in archive! 

Creating a luminance rule with a 4in1 multisensor

Liam shared this question 5 years ago
Need Answer

What rule do I use to make light turn off/on using luminance metre on the 4in1 multisensor?

Thanks

Replies (4)

photo

I guess something like this:

when (luminance > -1) <------------- i.e., rule is triggered by any valid value in the sensor

if (luminance < 2)

Switch light on

else

Switch light off 

The rule will be triggered every time the luminance value changes. If the switch is already in the right state, nothing will happen. You may want to turn the light on for higher lux values, say anything under 5, or even 10...

photo

Is this correct? Is itsnt working for me.

photo

I don't quite understand what you've done there, because it's turning the light *on* (even though it says "off") when the reading is above 20, but then off if it's below 30? I think the result will be the opposite of what you want. Better to simplify and follow the schema I suggested - one rule, triggered always whenever the lux value changes (anything from 0 upwards). Then specify the on/off conditions inside that single rule.

photo
photo

Yea I guess makes sense. Any chance you could create the rule and send photo? Thanks

photo

I don't have any lights so I used my kettle switch instead :-)

Adjust the value above which you want to turn off the light as appropriate.

b35dd0521eb3836f8ff358410d10d589

photo

Thanks man, I'll give it a go and see how it runs. Appreciate it.

photo
photo

Liam,

I would do something like the attached rule, Zipato Quad shows luminance values on % not LUX. JOIN puzzle is to make the rule restart (or be triggered again) in case the sensor updates values to Zipato controller. In my case 1-3 % is more or less sunrise/sunset window.

photo

Hey thanks. Ill be sure to try it out. Much appreciated

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file