This object is in archive! 

Just when you think you understand the PRO licence...

David Pritchard shared this question 5 years ago
Need Answer

... they replace it with the "PRO bundle". Apparently it doesn't include backup now, which is charged separately.

So is the PRO bundle the same as the PRO licence minus backup? All features available to date, minus backup, for life?

Replies (6)

photo

yes, we discussed this in other topics. Doesnt included a few features it did previously like SIP, and also only 1 of virtual devices like Thermostat/alarm. They change their minds and terms like the wind changes direction. Get the Pro bundle now before it soon has even less features.

And, I dont know if this has changed yet, but a backup licence is only valid for 1 year, (yes it costs Zipato $29 a year to store and process this massive backup file for you) and to restore to a new controller you need to buy a backup for that controller also.

At least the Cluster is still included in the pro, though you still need need to buy a pro licence for each controller you want to add to a cluster. So add $99 to every controller you own as you cant buy a a cheaper Cluster only licence.

As you can tell, I dont support the ridiculous Licencing models. They are far to expensive and offer limited functionality. The system and support are far from a RTI/Control4/Homeseer system yet priced similar. And BASIC functions like the full programming options and backup should be either free or one of purchase at a small price.

I think if priced more aggressively people would purchase more of these licences, as at the moment most users cant justify the expense so have systems with mildly more functions. Resulting in less than happy users with limited automation systems.

Can anyone tell me if they have purchased the Energy Consumption Licence? Does it work, as last I heard from users it didnt work, but who is going to pay $29 just to see. Any instructions on this setup and usability? And if it doesnt, why is it still available to purchase?

photo

Hi Adrian. Im also starting to get fed up with the fact that every single installation I need to solve tickets and issues I cannot do on my own. I simply struggle to set everything up before installation and do installation so within a week the customer will not get back to me with a problem.

I have no idea what other system to switch to but cannot go into this in depth as soon my business will struggle fixing problems.

I"d love to hear back from customer after a week saying how great everything is instead of something stopped working...

photo

Hi AttilaWhat kind of things stop working? I'm curious.

photo

Hi David. It is not a place here to discuss details. In case send me an email to info@zipatohome.sk

Thanks.

photo
photo

I agree, licencing scheme is very expensive, I liked it better when you could buy protocol by protocol and just get what you needed.

Backup functionality should be for free or at least at small price, or based on storage usage.

photo

Look, I understand that there needs to be some kind of recurring revenue for Zipato, otherwise the cost of supporting all their customers with such a customisable system is unsustainable. But the system is just confusing and it keeps changing.

photo

I agree, recurring stream is important, but I am sure not many are buying the licences at this price. I would be interested to know the percentages, but I would assume less than 10% are buying Pro licences. Eg, If you decrease your pricing to around 20 euros, you would only need 50% of your current users to take this up to be in a similar situation.

I think you would see an even greater uptake than 50% as pricing would be more appealing, and this would reflect on great customer experience also with your products as they are getting more features and usability. It is simple maths and general market appeal.

Or you can keep prices high, and basically punish your customer base for purchasing more of your Controllers to use in their existing network or upgrade their slow, under-performing current Controller.

I just think a better pricing schedule should be set, and the features should be better moderated. For example, why do you need to purchase a Pro licence for each controller just to add it to a single cluster controller. Once a Cluster controller is created, that should be it and you should be able to add as many controllers to that as you see fit. And backup should be for life if purchased separately to a Pro, not yearly, and cheap.

just my 2 cents.

photo

Just to clarify, you buy features and services for your "system" (up to 10 controllers that you are the owner of)for example if you need to do a cluster of 7 controllers you only buy 1 pro bundle, not 1 bundle for each controller.

photo
photo

Just to clarify, you buy features and services for your "system" (up to 10 controllers that you are the owner of)for example if you need to do a cluster of 7 controllers you only buy 1 pro bundle, not 1 bundle for each controller.

photo

For a cluster every controller needs a own pro license.

photo

PRO license is purchased once for each controller? Or every year? If I have a cluster of five controllers, will it cost $ 500 each year?

photo

For you system that is gone create a cluster of 5 controllers you only need 1 pro bundle of 99

in Mexico we use a lot of clusters and all of them are only 99 dlls per system (up to 10 controllers) not per controller.

photo

Is there anyone from Zipato who can clarify one way or another please?

Seems pretty conclusive?

Ed.

photo

I have been told by support it is as Marco explains. You only need 1 pro licence to create a cluster, then you can add other controllers to this cluster. And this is a 1 off purchase of a Pro licence, not yearly.

But, I can not add any controller to a cluster that DOES NOT have a pro licence. Maybe Marco can explain or show us how he is able to add controllers with no Pro licence to a Cluster controller? I have 2 clusters in our showroom, and any Zipatile or Zipabox, running latest firmware, that does not have a pro licence attached to it, when we try to add to a cluster, we get the following message

/cbdc450c6ec71067ec158f03f172e6a3

This then takes you to a purchase credits and pro licence screen. This has always been the case for me, so I do not understand how you have managed to bypass this. Please show us how?

photo

Hi, I think its because your account has the old PRO licence, there is a diference between old Pro licence and Pro bundle. it happen to us with a costumer that had the old pro licence in order to add 2 more controllers he had to get a pro bundle so he can join two zipamicros to the zipatile in a cluster..

photo

Interesting. You would think that the old licence would automatically apply to the new Pro licence. They both included the purchase of a Cluster controller.

You are correct too. i have just purchased a new Pro Bundle for our Cluster controller, and can now add other Controllers to it. Thanks Marco for your support.

photo

So, no conclusive, public statement by Zipato then?

To be honest, I'm getting increasingly concerned about the level of support, development and general attitude from the Zipato company. It feels like some users are being actively discouraged from the platform.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file