This object is in archive! 

Support for Marmitek x10 products (MS90 and others)

Louis Baudry shared this question 10 years ago
Need Answer

I bought the Zipato box from a French retailer. I also purchased the 433mhz module. I can't connect with basic x10 products like Marmitek MS90 or DS90 detectors. I would like to know if support for these is already included, and, if not, when is it going to be available.

Replies (17)

photo

While some X10 devices are supported, these Marmitek units are not yet supported.

We haven't had much request for those.

Best raise a new idea, if it sparks enough interest, we'll consider it.

photo

Hi,

I've the same issue with the 433 Mhz module, i've bought it to support my old marmitek and Oregon devices, and none of them are supported.the list of X10 and Oregon devices is too short to make useable the 433 Mhz module for many customers.There's a great number of custommers with these devices and they will be interested by the zipabox if they don't need to change all off their devices immediately.Please add support for X10 MS17,MS90 and SD90E marmitek modules, and Oregon THGR328N, UVR128, and thr128.I think the support for these devices is a necessary buying driver for your (actual and future) customers. Thank you.

photo

Tomislav Secen wrote:

While some X10 devices are supported, these Marmitek units are not yet supported.

Hello again,

We are still waiting for an answer for this issue.

This is pretty annoying to me, as I bought the Zipato to use with my Marmitek X10 devices.

The product was sold to me as 433Mhz-compatible, without indicating clearly that many devices were not compatible.

I guess I am entitled to a full refund here (Box+433Mhz module+Backup module)

Please kindly indicate how to proceed to get the refund.

photo

Tomislav Secen wrote:

Hello,

Where are the x10 modules supported.

Nothing in the addlist of my zipabox (v0.9.998).

Thx.

photo

Same question for me. I have bought 433 module some month ago as some x10 modules where suposed to work with it. I have one ticket opened about that issue, but the only answer I get is to wait and wait again several month... Finaly a lot of people bought a module which is not working as promised by Zipato !! :-(

photo

X10 support??

photo

we are just finishing the support for CM15.

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

we are just finishing the support for CM15.

photo

Michel Flieg wrote:

CM15 seems to be added in the new firmware, for X10 RF LM12 and AM12. Therefore, I have bought a RF 433 module but I can't create an LM12 or AM12 X10 device through my CM15. The system claims "you don't have selected network"

photo

i did bought also a 433 module and cannot add a x10 unit an where can i find a manual what todo to add an x10 module

please a manual step by step

Bert

Bosch dissapointed user.

photo

Dear Bert

I use all my marmitek X10 devices with Zipato and it works fine.

Nevertheless I spent a long time to find the way.

The Zipato team helped me very efficiently.

You can use the 433 module, but it only fits with the RF devices listed when you try to add a module.

If you have all kind of X10 devices, you should use a CM15 interface.

But you have to buy either a backup module or a security module and plug the module to the zipabox.

Why? because these two modules have a USB input. The CM15 has to be connected through its USB cable in the USB input.

In my case, I use a security module and the CM15 is connected to it.

Then when you look in the device list you find X10 PLC AM12 or X10PLC LM12. The system asks what is the house and unit code (for example A3). And it works. So I could re-use all my X10 devices AM12, LM12, AMW and several X10 wall switches

I hope this post can help you.

Best regards

Michel Flieg

photo

Hello Michel

I have the same installation as yours...but when I want to add a x10 module via X10 PLC I get "Echec démarrage procédure d'inclusion".

I use a CM15Pro module conected to the Backup module...

Any idea and help please ?

regards,

photo

Hi,

You should use the old skin (ancien interface). With the new one you can't join the actuators.

With the old one, the system opens a window asking for adress (A5 for example) and a new switch appears in the list of modules. Remember the adress you have given, note it in the description of the module . It could be usefull in the future.

Regards

photo

Hi,

Thanks again, Yes I founded it last night...incredible.

Regards,

photo
photo

hello Michel thanks for your replay

iám a little bit dispointed that the 433 module cannot work with the x10 i need a extra module to get it work

i have the same problem with coco devices i cannot get it working.

on the internet i did read that the zipato the great solution is to work with coco and x10 devices

but is not so.

regards Bert

photo

Hi Bert,

These X10 RF devices that work reliably with Zipabox:

• SD90
  • MS18
  • WD18
  • GD18
  • SS13
  • MS13E
  • Easy Touch Panel 10E
  • SS12E
  • SS11E

Other devices (at least the samples we had in the lab) exhibit a frequency drift and fail to demodulate properly with our 433 module.

--

Thanks,

Tom

photo

hello tom tanks for your answer

I have 16 Lamp modules from Marmitek the LM 12 and 12 Marmitek Modules AM 12G and a remotecontrol the Easy Touch 35 to control everiting but the zipato doesnot recognice any of this parts

can you help me how to connect the zipato to work with this modules.

regards Bert

photo

Hi Bert,

As far as I can see, your units are not RF based, they communicate over power lines and you can not control them with the 433 MHz module.

To control them via Zipabox you need to interface them using CM15 - see Michels reply.

We have USB-Serial module available which has an USB port and is cheaper than Security module.

--

Bye,

Tom

photo

Hello this modules are rf controlled ican them control by cm 15 and with an rf remote on 433 mhz

I have a Tm13 with antenne this module receive the rf signal from my remote and put it on the net to the right module (exc. House code A10) i like that the zipato can send also this code to different modules (A1 to A16) the zipato has only learn the code from ATo P with numbers from 1 to 16 so i can then control 256 modules

bert

bert

photo

Hello

I have a TM13 RF module and several AM12 receivers. I would like to connect my zipabox with RF433 Module to the TM13 to be able to use the AM12 receivers.

Could you please explain how you proceed to create communication between zipabox and TM13 ?

Thanks a lot.

Stéphane

photo

I have the same question; although I have a TM751, my understanding is that it is similar to the TM13. This should be base functionality for supporting any X10, but I cannot find how to activate it.

photo

For now we only support CM15

photo

Where does your website (or any other documentation) say your support for the majority of X10 devices is through the CM15 and not through the RF433 module? I bought the RF433 module to control the vast array of X10 devices I have; only to find out should have bought the backup-module and a CM15. I feel it is kind of false-advertising to proclaim X10 support on the 433mhz module but the only way to control the majority of X10 devices is through a USB module.

I understand that the legacy X10 modules are 1-way and not guaranteed to respond to a command. That is a problem I have dealt with for years; all I am looking for is to have the Zipato 433mhz module transmit/receive a standard X10 house-code/module-code. Without that simple functionality, the 433mhz module is worthless for someone with a legacy X10 powerline setup that is using a standard RF transceiver.

If you are not going to natively support X10 RF in your 433 module, do you by any chance support the CM19? That appears to be a newer model and is about 1/4 the price of the CM15. Hopefully my vendor will allow me to return the 433 module and buy the backup module that has a USB interface.

photo

All I can say is that we support X10 devices through 433 MHz module that are listed in the "add new device wizard" when you are trying to include them

Also, we support X10 PLC devices (only AM12 and LM12) and they are listed also in the "add new device wizard" and are visible if you have CM15 connected

photo
photo

I di now try to ad a Marmitek x10 BMB MS18 sensor nothing works it seems that the 433 mhz box is not working at all.

bert

photo

Hi at all!

Anyone know something about BMB Electronics X10 GB18 module? It isn't GD18, but also this is a gas sensor.

I'm tring to use with Zipabox, I can include it and automatically detection seem to be correct (as gas detector). I tried to test allarm with button on device but seems not send allarm to Zipabox.

Moreover when I try to setup a rules to e-mail me a message when sensor is activated rhe selection on sensor module don't give me any selection (No attribute) and can't be save rule.

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Thanks

Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file