This object is in archive! 

Why was the topic on the new iPhone app deleted?

Bastian shared this question 4 years ago
Need Answer

Zipato just deleted a several years old topic where release dates and a new iPhone app have been discussed. It was started by a former developer of Zipato called Filip and was a promising example of communication on Zipato’s behalf. The title is “The state of Zipato iOS app”

@Sebastian: Can you please bring this topic back?

Censorship is not the solution. Clear communication and respecting your user community is.

Last time you mentioned as a release date for the new beta app and the zipatile 2 was February/March.

Could you please share the current status?

Thank you.

Replies (2)

photo

Maybe you should browse th archived section of this forum, because the thread is several years old?

I don't care. Happy not to use an IPhone. Android version is fine to me and waiting for the new combined Android / Apple version.

photo

It's deleted because it was contaminated with multiple different subjects which are not related to iOS app release. Furthermore, that threat was related to the new iOS app which was about to be released 2 years ago but it has been abandoned. The new mobile APP is completely different project and will be released for both iOS and Android.

I have noticed that you have already posted the same comment on multiple threads. This is the reason why we have to delete some threads as people like you are writing whatever they want to any of threads.

photo

But we dont get any answers or information from Zipato, new features are delayed month after months with no information. Can we please get some additional information? If Zipato would communicate better you would not get these kind of questions.

photo

Things are delayed as our development is based on backward compatibility. Sometimes we add function within a day or two and work 3-4 weeks to solve the backward compatibility issues which pop up. These issues are difficult to predict so delays are result.

We are trying to make a good smart home solution here by integrating various communication protocols with functions such as security alarm, multi zone thermostat, video intercom, camera surveillance and automation. We don't care if it will take few months more or less as long as we achieve our goal. We are aware that some people can't wait and they will go for other solution. We respect their decision and there is no need to discuss it on our forum.

photo

Hi Sebastian,

Do you have any new ETA for the new phone app?

Thanks

photo

good morning sebastian

Can you please tell us when the zipatile 2 will be available?

and when more or less would be launching the new application?

Thank you.

photo

Hi Sebastian,

I would also like to know when new iOS app will be available, because this app which is years old and had last minor update in 2017 is not user friendly - it have no configurable shortcuts or configurable main page (with scene or devices we use most...). Many times I have to make few steps before making simple task... for example to turn on scene I use the most, I have to go to folding menu/scenes/select scene... this is 3 steps... if I could put shortcut of some scene on main page it will be one step... and similar... I did make a list of things that should be changed to make uzing Zipato great to local dealer who make instalation (and I thought it will be appreceated because it took lot of MY time and thinking to improve YOUR product - but it was opposite, like “what do I want and we dont care”). There is no any use of it, because support and will of Zipato to improve user experience and its product is (from my experience) on very low level unfortunatelly... Kind regards, Alen

photo

You may get such thing to face in this digital media. However, if you are facing any technical issue with your device contact the best experts at Geek Squad Tech Support Number for any help at any time.

photo

Zipato seem to have some strange priorities.

Removing posts which can been seen as critical is high up their list. Removing spam posts, not so much ^

Communicating their plans, very, very low down on the list.

Keeping existing customers through good communication and customer service? Not on the list.

It's a shame really, as it did seem like a really good system. I'm left with a system which won't talk to my Hue hub (along with a number of other issues) and the response "it works in our office". There seems to be a theme in my tickets which goes:

1) Blame me2) Throw up hands and close the ticket.

I expect that this will get deleted, or at best a dismissive response by Sebastian but Zipato really should take a look around at how other good companies are communicating with their customers and prospective customers.

photo

I've gone three months and haven't regretted it for a second. With Zipato it doesn't go on at all.

photo

Erm, well, good for you I guess. I must have done something to offend Zipato.

Don't get me wrong, I have had some really good support from Zipato. I've also had some rather frustrating moments.

For instance I wouldn't suggest anyone buy https://www.zipato.com/product/carbon-monoxide-sensor-zigbee because when I asked Zipato why it randomly beeped, they told me to contact the manufacturer (Spoiler alert. it's some Chinese manufacturer, not Zipato) After much hassle, I have now established that the phrase "warmup" is the only information I'm going to get about why it emits a very loud beep, and flashy lights. I don't know if it's meant to do that, if we're all dying of carbon monoxide poisoning, or it's faulty.

I was told by support that the MQTT traffic would only ever come from "the cloud", when in reality it comes from the box. I was told that I'd have to pay for "developer" time to fix it, when it was actually a configuration issue which had the documentation been anything like complete I would have found much quicker.

I've been asking for months and months what the status of the v3 Alexa integration is, so that (I think) lights are reported to Alexa correctly and status is updated, but no reply.

I've got a nice long list, if you want it, but I'm glad that you have been happy.

photo

Not everything works perfectly with my new solution. But the support is good. The community is very good. By the way, here too!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file