This object is in archive! 

Climate widget and Danfoss problem (again ?)

tilleul shared this problem 10 years ago
Known

Hello

I tried to create a very simple Climate scheduler to pilot my Danfoss Living Connect test valve but was unable to make it work properly.

The valve is included in the ZWave network and seems to work since every setpoint change locally (on the valve itself) is shown back on the Zipabox.

I tried to create a Climate widget. First thing I need is a temperature sensor. I don't have one, so, reading advices on this forum, I created a virtual thermometer. At first this thermometer has no value, so I decided to copy/paste the URL and set the temp "manually" using a http request. The temp has been set to 12°C which is way below any of the setpoints I'll use (but I don't know if this has any significance ?)

Then I configured my climate widget using the virtual thermometer and the Danfoss valve.

The schedule is quite simple: every day of the week, the valve should be set to 22°C between 6:00 (am) and 8:30 (am). The rest is considered "night" with a setpoint of 17°C.

First of all, using the weekly scheduler, it seems it's not possible to set 8:30 as all minutes are "rounded" to the hour. It would be great if the climate widget =graphical= interface was using steps of 15 minutes instead of 1 hour.

When I click "save" (+ synchronize) it seems like everything is ok but the setpoint is not sent accordingly to the schedule (also it's sent every 10 minutes or so ... meaning very loooong tests). In fact, the same setpoint is sent over and over UNTIL, manually, I decide to play with the climate widget: setting another setpoint, clicking on the buttons ("hold","until next period", etc.) and back to "Run Program". Then only, SOMETIMES, the scheduled setpoint is sent (once it's been sent, it will be sent every 10 minutes and will not change accordingly to the schedule).

After hours of tests, I've concluded either I'm doing something wrong (but could not figure out what exactly) or the climate widget is broken (at least with Danfoss valves).

For the moment, I've stopped using the climate widget and I've created a Rule instead. So far it seems to work but I really would like to use the climate widget because it should be more practical when the schedule is more complex.

What am I doing wrong ? Is this a known problem ? If so, when will it be fixed (for good) ?

Other problems I noticed: changing the schedule for the day (first tab) is hard: most of the time, the "weekly" schedule will overwrite any changes made one the "current day" tab.

Also, the Danfoss valve is one of the very few "heating" devices in ZWave and one of the most popular. Zipato should really put all his efforts into making sure the integration of this device works smoothly and is fully integrated (like it is the case with most other popular zwave devices from other brands). One last thing: it would be great to be able to send a setpoint directly from the dashboard using "+/-" buttons as if it were the local commands.

Other questions: is it possible to have a =general= list of (the latest/current) events that happened (instead of a list by device)? Where can I see if a rule has been executed correctly or not and WHEN it has been executed ?

Thanks

Francois

Replies (1)

photo

I think it would be nice to a have AT LEAST some kind of acknowledgment from Zipato regarding my original post. After all, I took the time to fully describe my problem and it's not one of these "please help me but I won't give you any details" topics (which BTW seem to have a lot more response than those fully documented -- makes you wonder what I should do next time I have a problem).

Any official word from Zipato would be great. Thanks to let me/us know what's going on here.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file