This object is in archive! 

Replies (24)

photo

Will this device be supported by Zipabox?

Just kidding :) It's a good news.

photo

Yeah yeah yeah ;)

photo

Retailers are saying the product is coming in April.

photo

Any videos or reviews yet?

Looks nice, but 59 euros for a lightbulb?

photo

A philips HUE is the same price. So it is a normal price for these kind off bulbs.

photo

how to trigger exclusion mode / factory reset on this device? I dont have any other zipato products. I want to pair it with my own zwave board.

photo

Add a new device with zipabox

triple tap the bulb to wake it up

click RESET

wait

done! ;)

I suppose your zwave board support this functionality too, but you can simply reset it with zipabox

photo

I don't have a zipabox. And the bulb does not activate pairing mode when I tap it. I cannot switch it on, I cannot reset it, nothing. I think it is paired with another controller. So I have to exclude it. But how to activate exclusion mode?

photo

If you take a look at your bulb manual (included in bulb packaging), there's a chapter init titled: HOW TO ACTIVATE INCLUSION OR EXCLUSION MODE.

And it says this:

1. Inclusion and exclusion modes are activated by gently tapping the light bulb. The light bulb will shine green to indicate a successful activation of inclusion or exclusion mode.

photo

Thank you for pointing this out. I think I am missing this manual. There is only one quick installation guide, where I could not find this information. Additionally my bulb seems to be broken. When turning on (power switch) it flashes shortly white once. Then nothing happens. No green shining when I touch it.

photo

It's not enough to touch it, you have to tap it or flick it to activate the shock sensor.

stock-photo-hand-about-to-flick-an-egg-58511564

photo

Yeah! Thats it! :) Thank you!!!

photo

Well, I am kind of confused. I've got two different manuals. Both are telling me "Quick Installation Guide 1.0", but they differ. They are telling me about different supporting command classes. Also one of them does not include the "inclusion/exclusion mode part" Tomislav was talking about. Nevertheless, my inclusion went fine now. Can anyone tell my which zwave commands to send to that bulb for using the 5 different color channels? :)

photo

ZWave Color Control! Found it by myself. Thanks for supporting me here guys! :)

photo

Hello, I'm using a Razberry and was able to include, switch on/off and dim the bulb, but as everyone, I was not able to manage colors. Has anyone found the commands to manage the colors ?

photo

There are command classes for color controlling. What exactly have you tried?

photo

I can't figure how to use the commands to change the bulb color. I only see it as a white bulb in my Z-Way server.

I don't even know what commands to use...

photo

There is a command class COLOR_CONTROL. The hex-command of it is 0x33,

subcommand COLOR_SET 0x05 lets you set the values. Since I do not know

your setup, I cant give you detailled instructions. I developed a zwave

application for an embedded system. It is able to use the functionality

of the Zipato RGBW bulb. All you need is written in the Z-Wave

documentation shipped with the SDK!

photo

Thanks for your explanation. I don't have the zwave sdk documentation, is there anyway to get a download link for it ?

I'll try to get it work in my setup (Razberry + HomeGenie)

photo

Documentation is only available under NDA if you pay for the SDK!

photo

I was able to set the color temperature from my HomeGenie setup, but still trying to figure how to use the command COLOR_CONTROL.COLOR_SET, not sure I'll be able to make this work. Unfortunately, ZWave SDK is a bit expensive for an amateur like me ;)

photo

Smillier what did you do to be able to set the temperature from Homegenie.

photo

how to use it with VERA UI7?????

Leave a Comment

Attach a file