This object is in archive! 

Virtual multi-state switch

Jussi Vatjus-Anttila shared this idea 9 years ago
Under Consideration

I would like to get new type of virtual switch, to coverage situation where I wan't to select amplifier audio/video source (FM/DVD/TV/PC/..) It could be quite similar than current virtual switch but with user configurable states (virtual switch has only ON/OFF states). This could also be useful in other situations.

Replies (6)

photo

Yeah that would be really useful!

photo

Any news on this idea? I would like to use it for my 'virtual' ventilation system (low/medium/high/boost).

photo

Dear Stefan,

Did you maybe try Virtual level control for your case?

I will surely suggest this idea to my responsible team.

Best regards,

Pero Zovkic

photo

Hi Pero,

Thanks for the consideration. I'm currently using the level control. But there are a few downsides to the level control:

- My ventilation system only has 10 levels of ventilation. I now have a rule that translates the value of the level control to the corresponding level of my ventilation system.

- The level control is not very handy when using the ZipaTile application. Changing the level via the + and - buttons is not very quick.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but its a little bit in extend of the multi-state switch: Is it possible to create a virtual switch that only has a "On" button. I have connected a fibaro relay switch to my garagedoor opener. I have configured the relay to act like a mono-stable switch (auto-off after 1 sec). It's kinda weird to have the "Off" button visible in the UI as it is not used (and can confuse the user).

photo

Hi All,

Any news on this topic? this kind of switch could be very nice, something with the ability to add/remove fields with free values then we could run the rules against each individual values.

photo

Hi,

This multi switch would be also very helpful to set value as ECO/CONFORT/STOP/WINTER to control electric heaters with qubino ZMNHJD1.

best regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file