Problem with New APP Dashboard

Wladi Lag shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello all,

I am currently swiching from v2 to v3 and I am trying to understand the new app.

I was configurating all my devices in the webbased controlcenter V3 -> Seeting names, rooms, types, Icons, visibility as device etc.

Now I recognice that all this seetings (besides room seetings) is not transfered to the dashboard of the new APP.

I need to adapt everthing again in the APP?!

Example:

- Name in Dashboard changes to "Device name + type"

- Type and Icon needs to be changed again!!!

- All devices are visibile in the APP, independantly if you unclick "show as device" or not

Why is the control center not linked with new APP dashboard. Please tell me I forgot only to set something in the new APP. I really don´t want to configure everthing twice now and in future.

The next big issue I have is the display of the devicenames on the dashboard icons. There need to be a line break of the devicenames or more space. Otherwise I can´t read the the full device names, see comparison between old and new App in attachment. And writing a short name (e.g. general names like rollershutter, light etc.) doesn´t make sence, because nobody could differentiate the devices anymore in the app or rules.

I am a littly frustrated because my wife will kill me, if there is no quick solution =)

So please help me.

Replies (11)

photo

Hi

all device settings except complex rules should be done in V3 mobile app (black icon) since the new V3 platform is based on the device abilities. It means that device abilities have to be added into rooms not devies (as it was in V2 where assigning to rooms is based on devices).

If you want to hide some abilities from the Dashboard (in mobile app), you should use Dashboard toggle button under ability settings:

1. Open abilities under Device widget

/252457c8cd6332dd5c7c4a0c759cd0ec

2. click three dots to open ability settings

/48773a4bedb5ec1f05498d21562d1b6a

3. Set Dashboard toggle button

/7e04f8cc74693e8ea9ccb859194ffa2d

photo

Hello Dino,

thanks for the explanation. This means the V3 controlcenter Website is for complex rules only.

But what about the device names of the dashboard icons/widgets. It is really to short, see my example. When I just write for example rollershutter, I will not be able to differntiate in the app all my rollershutters. I mean espacially when you want to add devices to a room.

When I go on the room seeting (three dots), I choose devices and plus. Then I see the whole device list. But if these device are not clearly named, I will only see a lot of rollershutters, lights etc.

But maybe I didn´t worked out an efficient way to do so =)

photo

Hi

device name is one title and ability name is another title. Ability name = device name+ability title (default)

Both names can be edit by user so you can make it easier for recognize in the device list.

The approach in the device list in the mobile app is to present each device in two title rows - ability name + device name. In this way you can generate unique names for every ability since device name should be unique and every ability inside device has its unique name.

photo

Thanks for explaining the architecture Dino! With this information I am going to rename my devices a little bit now ;)

photo

When I go on the room seeting (three dots), I choose devices and plus. Then I see the whole device list. But if these device are not clearly named, I will only see a lot of rollershutters, lights etc. Stickman Hook

photo

Hi Rose,

I fully understand your point and had exactly the same problem.

You can name like AP is proposing. The other way to add devices to a room is:

You can add the container "Types" on the dashboard. Here you will find for example all your rollershutters under the type "motors". When you add new rollershutters you can name them all the same but you should mention the room in the description. When you click now under motors on one of the shutters (3 dots), you will see the description and you can add the correct room.

But that's only a work around. I would prefer that the room could be chosen when including new devices. Then the abilities would be on the right place directly.

photo

According to AffordablePapers reviews, there are several beneficial features college students appreciate. At the same time, there is an unlimited variety of downsides and pitfalls that are likely to prevent you from becoming a return customer.

photo
photo

@Rose

You have to rename all the Abilities so that they are sorted by name. I use the following scheme for lights "(L) XXXXX" and the for doors "(D) XXXXX" as an example.

photo

I was configurating all my devices in the webbased controlcenter V3 solitr

photo

I'm having the same problem as you, thanks for sharing Retro Bowl

photo

When it comes to new app drift hunters dashboard, there are some common issues with the user interface. One of the biggest 5 letter words problems is that users have little or no idea what they’re looking at.

photo

So who was your childhood celebrity crush? In my case it was Amy Lee, she is amazing person.

Paper io unblocked

photo

Guys where do you live? Just share your location, I’m doing some research and general data is important for me.

Text Twist 2 game

Leave a Comment

Attach a file