rules issue

Antonio shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

I have created the following rule to do the following check: when I switch on the "On/Off switch irrigatore", the system should send me a message and wait 7 minutes. at the end of these 7 minutes IF the switch is still activated (in ON position), the system should put it in OFF position and send me the mail alert.

the issue is that the mail alert is sent not only when the switch is still in ON position after the 7 minutes, but also when the switch is in OFF position (because I decided to switch off after 5 minutes for example).

so I receive an useful mail alert.

I use this rule because the switch activates a watering valve that give water for 5 minute. in this way I would like to check if after 7 minutes the switch is still ON ---> advice me and I switch OFF manually it. It is a sort of security.

I hope to be clear.

Replies (2)

photo

It should work the way you created the rule.

Maybe try to put a "refresh everything" before the "IF On/Off Switch Irrigatore = ON" part...

photo

Tks for the suggestion.

I will try it but I solved the issue using variables for the state of the switch ( variable =1 if switch is on, variable = 0 if switch is off) instead of the switch itself in this rule

Leave a Comment

Attach a file
Access denied