Alexa isn't working

David Pritchard shared this problem 2 months ago
In Progress

Alexa rules aren't being triggered. I notice the exact same problem occurred a month ago.

Comments (18)

photo

The same here, including the issue having happened a month ago too. The Zipato skill on Alexa is leading to the oauth site of zipato authentication, and there it gets a 502 Bad Gateway error message. The link looks like this:

https://auth.zipato.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=alexa-skill&response_type=code&state=<LONG_CODE>&scope=Control&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fpitangui.amazon.com%2Fapi%2Fskill%2Flink%<SHORT_CODE>;;

Alexa support cannot really help. They just keep asking me to log in again, restart app, computer, zipato, everything... I am afraid the problem is on the Zipato authentication site.

photo

An absolute certainty

photo

I've been having the same problem for the past 12 hours.

photo

It seems to be fixed now

photo

You are correct. Devs found the problem and resolved it minutes ago.

photo

Confirmed, working now.

photo

Hi, for me its still not working. Alexa pretends that it performed the action, but my Zipato v3 is not triggering any device :( anybody any hints? i tried restarts and also reenabling the skill, but no progress.

photo

Yes, the same here for a couple of days now. I went through the troubleshooting process with Alexa yesterday, and they could not figure the problem. They said it will be investigated further and let me know. I also opened a new ticket a few hours ago here in Zipato helpdesk.

photo

Same here. Zipatile V1 with Software v3 Alexa doesn't work.

photo

Hello,

We are also investigating this issue so please have some patience. Update will follow as soon as we have more information.

Regards

photo

For 12 days i am lacking the programmed routines, is there any hope that Alexa is back on Zipato?

photo

Hello, any ideas when Alexa could be working? Thank you

photo

+1 from me

photo
photo

I am really getting sad about how quickly we get any issues resolved :( I try to raise a ticket on amazon side, hoping that we get some response within reasonable days. I am an enthusiastic pioneer, but loosing my faith in Zipato wanting to develop further.

photo

Hello,

we apologize for the issues, we will check it out and fix it accordingly.

photo

Thank you for the reaction and hoping quick solution.

photo
photo

I don’t think that the issue is solved (although the topic is set to solved status) and I believe that a serious tech support cannot allow 3 weeks silence and not finding out what is the issue with Alexa. i give up

photo

My personal ticket on this same issue is "In Progress". But I truly agree this should have been resolved by now. My latest response 8 days ago from support is this to the "When?" question:

Hello Miklos,

I can't really tell, however I've passed the issue already to our developers.

Best regards,

Stefan

photo

Stefan has also passed my ticket concerning MQTT on Zipatile 2 in V3 to the developers. This also was at least 6 weeks ago. So I am not really convinced that Zipato really has developers.

photo
photo

Hello,

we have checked and Alexa is working, at least on V2.

V3 is still in the phase of being fully supported?

Can I get the info do you have issues on V2 or V3? Please open a ticket for us to check each individually, if the issue is on V2.

photo

I am on v3, and Alexa worked without trouble till we reported this issue. My ticket number is 27884.

photo

I have the Zipatile 1 and since 10/19 on Version 3 and still have trouble with Alexa.

photo

im am on v3 for a year, all worked well until early march, since then seemingly Alexa accepts the instructions and then nothing happens with Zipato devices.

photo

Same here. It took me a while to replace the old v2 token for zipatile 1 by a new token for zipatile 2 with v3.

I managed yesterday and all real devices were found. As Zoltan wrote alexa accepts the comands but the devices do not react.

photo
photo

What happened here, because its broke again

photo

Since April 17, Alexa receives the commands but responds: "device isn´t respondind".

photo

not working at all since the ticket opened. at least on V3 for sure. This is a joke, that Zipato takes it seriously ☹

photo

Alexa doesn't work

photo

Started working since this afternoon. My zipabox is from 2011, first model. This is the third time this happens since i bought it. All in the weekend. My guess is that is some kind Of maintenance.