How do I use the Energy widget?

Richard shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

I have a number of switches which meter the current flowing through them. I can see the current values on the metering screen so the data is making it into the Zipabox.

How can I make the consumption values appear in the Energy widget? The drop-down box for the values to be graphed or charted is blank.

I am on the latest firmware.

Richard

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Richard,

please contact us on support@zipato.com with your user credentials and we will look into this.

Regards,

Hrvoje

photo

To make the consumption values appear in the Energy widget in Zipabox, you need to create virtual sensors for the metered data and then map these sensors to the Energy widget. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Log in to your Zipabox account and go to the "Virtual Sensors" tab.
  2. Click on "Create Virtual Sensor" and select "Meter" as the sensor type.
  3. Enter a name for the sensor and select the appropriate unit of measurement (e.g. amps, volts, watts, etc.).
  4. In the "Data Sources" section, select the switch that meters the current and enter the appropriate channel number.
  5. Click on "Save" to create the virtual sensor.

Once you have created the virtual sensor, you can map it to the Energy widget by following these steps:

1. Go to the "Widgets" tab and select the Energy widget.
  2. Click on the "Settings" icon in the top-right corner of the widget.
  3. In the "Data Sources" section, click on "Add Data Source".
  4. Select the virtual sensor you created earlier from the list of available sensors.
  5. Click on "Save" to map the virtual sensor to the Energy widget.

Once you have mapped the virtual sensor to the Energy widget, you should be able to see the consumption values graphed or charted in the widget. If the drop-down box for the values to be graphed or charted is still blank, make sure that you have selected the correct virtual sensor and that it is properly configured with the metering switch.

I hope this helps! Your Texas Benefits

photo
photo

Great!

photo

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.

liteblue.usps.gov

photo

Can i use Energy widget on my blog?

photo

Awesome and interesting article.

photo

Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post. Hyvee Huddle Log In

photo

The Energy widget is a tool that helps you monitor your device's battery usage on your computer or mobile device. To use it, you can usually find it in the system tray or control center of your device. Click on the widget to open it and view your current battery level, as well as any apps or processes that are consuming significant amounts of energy. You can use this information to adjust your device's settings or close unnecessary apps to conserve battery life. ManageMyHealth

Leave a Comment

Attach a file