All zipatiles version 1 are offline

Roberto Hiemstra shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

All zipatiles are offline and customers are already contacting me!

please solve this issue a.s.a.p.

Replies (7)

photo

Hello,

the issue has been resolved.

BR

photo

Thanx Mario,

great job!

best wishes for 2022!

Regards, Roberto

photo

Sure, solved, thank you. But after +14h.

14h of totally out of control home automation system.

Without a single word/tweet/announce/apologize by zipato.

Great job🤨

photo

I hope you can understand how serious are these issues.

14h of totally out of control home automation system

This is really crazy.

I struggled this night to understand wich could be the problem in my Zipatile...

I can understand this is a no more supported device (this was the answer I received when I requested support a month ago...) but at least Zipato should demonstrate seriousness by publishing Source Codes and Technical Documentation. If you do not want give further support on Zipatile 1, at least let someone else work on this.

Bye

photo

Don't worry Marcello, becausezipato clarified all:

"This is a legacy Zipato portal (commonly called Zipato v2). It is not officially supported anymore, so it is highly recommended not to use it, but to migrate your system to Zipato v3 platform which you can access through admin.zipato.com or Zipato mobile apps available for iOS and Android."

In short: you are abandoned, bye bye. Do the same, hear me. If you are confident go for Home Assistant (open and free platform) or switch to any other commercial platform.

photo

Fortunately I already switched to Openhab, I am using Zipatile 1 as In Wall Display. The only function I was using was Thermostat, but now I am moving also this function to Openhab.

Anyway: I have no words.

photo

I have migrated Zipatile1 to V3 Platform (know work fine with some little issue...) but i must to create al Virtual Device ad all Rules. This is not a professional way to go to market....

photo

Sergio, are you able to see the internal devices on V3 (temperature sensor, relays, humidity sensor, luminance sensor etc...)? I opened a ticket but still no answer...

Grazie

photo

Marcello I saw you said that you use Zipatile 1 as a Wall Display for OpenHub. I intend to switch to Home Assistant so I'm interested in how you managed to use Zipatile 1 in OpenHub, whether you changed the software, or using over MQTT or IFTTT. To change the software I should probably put Custom Recovery like TWRP first, but for that I need to study the hardware well.

photo

Hello Zoran, yes, I found very easy the MQTT implementation, so I decided to proceed that direction. Please let me know if you are able to put Custom Recovery, it could be interesting to me too.

Thanks!

photo

Hi Marcello, I also played with MQTT via Zipatile to connect HA and it worked OK, but that way I still depend on Zipato and their cloud if nothing else for device settings and other on Zipatile, or am I wrong?

With custom recovery we might get the ability to put a custom OS, but we should first study which hardware Zipatile uses and try to find something compatible, and even then it's quite risky that everything will go ok.

photo

Hi Zoran,

fortunately Zipatile's MQTT is independent from Zipato cloud, you can configure it and it will work even if the device has no Internet access. I am not very expert of custom OS but I wold like to test it too.

Thanks

photo

Hi Marcello, i have update firmware to 2.0.4 and i view all internal device. I have Issue only with Internal camera.

photo

That problem has now been solved, I am able to se the internal devices on V3. I have another problem right now... All apps are crashing, I performed a factory reset but no way to address the problem...

Let's wait for the answer to the ticket.

photo

If there's an issue with the Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection, it could lead to them being offline. Verify that your internet service is working properly. mapquest directions

photo
photo

Or you can make the migration …..

But I’m on the v3 system with zipatile v1, and today they are again in state master server not reachable

photo

Same here Server Zipatile v1 not reachable on platform v3.

photo

Same here

photo

Same here, is this the end for Zipatile 1 even on v3, or will the problem be solved?

photo
photo

Same here, Zipatile 1 with V3, master server is offline...

photo

Zipabox on v2 is offline too. Since midnight.

Again.

And again without a single word coming from zipato.

photo
photo

I have exactly the same project…. Migration to HA and using that as a display…

My only concern is regarding the current integration of the zwave device …. I don’t want to re include them all in a new system : some are quite complex to acces, only for a reset…..

photo

Is your plan to leave Zipatile on the Zipato system and somehow integrate it into HA or completely modify the software on Zipatile and use it as every other Android tablet with for example kiosk browser app?

To me changing complete software (OS) it's a little tricky, but probably not impossible.

photo

I'm starting a new HA system on a Synology NAS.. then Zipatile will be formated and only used as an Android device with HA display....

photo

So you will put a brand new software (OS) on Zipatile, do you know which OS will work, somewhere I came across information that an older version of CyanogenMod could work, but how to put it via ADB or Custom Recovery like TWRP I do not know because I have not tried. If you have any information about that I would be grateful.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file