This object is in archive! 

Platform migration to admin.zipato.com

Damien Guérin shared this problem 2 years ago
Not a Problem

Hi support,

My Zipabox1 is under 1.3.63 firmware, and I don't know what I have to do exactly to migrate to the latest platform (admin.zipato.com).

Indeed, from admin.zipato.com, I tried to add a device by setting my Zipabox serial number, but I have an error which says that this serial is already registered...

Regards,

EDITED BY ZIPATO.

Zipabox1 can NOT be moved to V3. There is no need to move is since V2 Zipato will continue to work as it did before. Please do NOT migrate/move your Zipabox1 or any controller for the time being if V2 works for you, as mentioned above it will continue to work as it did until now.

Replies (4)

photo

You have to "Unregistered (Clear owner option) your controller in v2 platform" first. Then you can add your Box in V3.

Nevertheless it won't work right now. I have a lot of problems, too.

photo

DId they ever get around to providing a migration path for rules and devices, or are we expected to recreate everything from scratch?

Last night the controller was offline for hours, another stellar performance from Zipato to start the year, the second outage in three days. Now it seems to be online again.

photo

I see the answer in another thread: "All virtual devices, scenes, and rules have to be recreated (transfer of virtual elements from v2 to v3 is not possible)". Nice.

photo

At least real devices should be there,.. this is a nightmare without any light house (Zipato)

Gerardo

photo

This is too painful. Bye Bye Zipato.

photo
photo

Oh OK !

Thanks for your answers ! You advice me wait for v3 improvements ?

photo

Hi Damien,

With the short and incoherent information we get from Zipato it is difficult advicing, I will stay on V2 waiting to see how this nonsense situation develops and if they continue with this attitude I will move out of this crazy company

Best Regards

Gerardo

photo

Agree, I go for Fibaro HC3 instead.

photo

Believe me, Fibaro is not the solution. If you want to move, go to an open solution like ioBroker.

photo

Cloud services are really expensive in ioBroker

Gerardo

photo

With all due respect, 26 EUR per year is not expensive. In contrast to zipato, the whole thing works offline, you don't need a cloud. And if you have a VPN, you can also access your smarthome without cloud.

But OK I don't want to advertise here, that would be rude to Zipato.

photo

Yeah, this is not the right way

photo

Guys, with all the respect I think it is important to let Zipato know which are the reasons why a lot of us are moving to different solutions (in other words why they are loosing business). They are still on time to think a complete plan with a roadmap, we are just asking for this.

Best regards

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file