ZIPABOX V1 end of life !!!!

BOB73 shared this idea 2 years ago
Declined

My Zipabox v1 box no longer works since 12/31 and I learned that since 01/01/2022 they no longer provide maintenance? Does this mean that if there is a system failure, you have to throw out the box?

Replies (6)

photo

they don't tell this. But in fact this is the reality.

But I already know it, it was clear since months (year) ago.

You have to choose between blue pill and red pill: you have to choose to stay in zipato upgrading to a new box, pricing, migration, and mantain the same issues as ever (oh zipato, you finally solved the weather station issue since last summer?).. or you can choose to follow the white rabbit and fly away from zipato looking around for better commercial solutions or open source projects.

You choose.

photo

Hello,

Zipato V2 as mentioned multiple times will continue to work as it did until now.

The only thing that is true is that we will not maintain/upgrade/support with new features HUBs that are on the market for 10 years.

The servers will not shut down they will only not get new features like Zipato V3 will. We are not forcing anyone to move to V3.

We published firmwares for Zipabox1 last year when the Zipabox1 was 10 years old.

Does anyone have a phone or tablet or PC or even better a server that has support with firmwarer/drivers for 10 years?

I could find multiple examples on the internet of hubs and APIs that just died, Nest, Smartthings V1 etc. It does not work anymore.

I wonder in 2-3 years when "Home assistant" puts an end of life to their API will it still be such a good and great assistant.

We are very grateful to all of our customer and we will continue to provide the best possible support and service possible.

Zipato brand will continue going forward with new features, services and hopefully even better shiny new hubs.

photo

Hello, if everything is working normally why for 6 days I have not been able to take charge of the failure of my zipabox V1. A response on 12/31 and since nothing !!!! and still down

photo

At least Mario says something, I would like to get the comments from managing about the way in which Zipato communicates with their customers/users and if there is a road map

Best Regards

Gerardo

photo

I would like just to add that my KNX installation is 12 years old and still working like first day, without any problems.

But on the other hand my Zipabox in 5 years never worked properly, so why everybody is so upset is the fact that we never enjoy quality time during those 10 years even when you had support and you guys never fixed problems that appeared at that time so now will definitely not be fixed ever and you killed our hope.

I was local patriot with Zipato and now I am just sad.

p.s. when I change my iPhone after 5 years I just bring new one close to old one and after 5 clicks I have new device ready to be used, but in your case I need to take vacation, spend 7 to 10 days refitting my home and pray that will work. So please excuse us from pathetic explanation how good and nice your company is to us.

photo

i resetted my zipabox v1 and now i cannot add the server anymore in the old interface ? if i go to admin.zipato.com i can try to add but if i put in the S/N it gives error that it cannot be the master.. i just want to add the server back in the old system

photo

i just want to use it as i have used it... now i cannot add the server anymore ????

photo

had to use the old app to add. not with the browser. got it added again now

photo

Thanks for your contribution. bloxorz

photo
photo

"Zipato brand will continue going forward with new features, services and hopefully even better shiny new hubs."

How can you promise new features and devices if you haven't been able to fix problems with old devices for years?

photo

What are the new features in V3, I don't see a big difference with V2....

V3 has the same problems with stability, it's still experimental.

Exactly what V2 has, you can do everything in V2 what I can do in V3......

i have had a zipato controll for 8 years and all this reminds me of the transition from v1 to v2 the same promises.

much that is unresolved in the transition from V1 to V2 is also unresolved in V3 in my opinion.

photo

No difference at all from v2 to v3 from a client / customer point of view...

Just a lost of time to perform the migration --> rules / virtual sensor etc.....

But no new feature.... at all.... should be interesting only on the Zipato server/application side....

photo

exactly, no differanse alt al!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file