This object is in archive! 

ZIPATO V1 no synchronisation

BOB73 shared this problem 2 years ago
Known

M'y ZIPATO V1 online but no communication with the server since 12/31 and no one answers the problem.

Replies (4)

photo

are you in v2 or v3 platform ? if you are on v2, it's already explained : your configuration is not supported anymore since the 12/31

photo

what do I have to do

photo

I have a zipato V1 and I am on a V2 platform since V1 does not work in V3. On 12/31 I had a problem which was not resolved. So online, but no more synchronization and no more orders. What do I have to do ? Throw away the ZipaboxV1?

photo

yes... nothing else to say.... They support only the v3 platform now...

photo

I'm sorry but they can't simply say to get it and throw out of the window.

If they declare their product EOL, then that product MUST works in any parts at the moment of EOL.

This is not actually true (someone hearing as example "virtual weather station"?) and if a customer can't sync since the EOL date (I'm on z1 on v2 and I can sync) I think they MUST support the user to get its platform to a working state, then left it to its destiny.

The right way I imagine? Some months before eol, to all zipabox v1 users: "Hi customers! unfortunately your zipabox v1 is running to be an EOL product at 31.12. Your product will continue to work, like the web portal, but no more development will occur, no new devices support, no bug reporting starting from 31.12. Still work as is. Get your time to decide if you want to stay with your zipabox v1, buy newest Zipato controller or migrate elsewhere".

But this is only a dream with zipato. Real life is another story.

This is a lot more true because they declared their platform EOL the same day! No way for a customer to decide to migrate elsewhere, to buy a different zipato controller, nothing.

This is obvously a deliberate decision (no customer warning for a next EOL ): they probably hope that customers with a sudden EOL run to buy a new zipato controller (oh sure..).

photo
photo

Hi,

i resolved your issue, if it still remains after a reboot then your storage is broken.

BR

photo

"your storage is broken" ? what does that mean? what should I do ?

photo

I am in the same situation, the rules I had I can no longer handle so they are no longer useful because I cannot modify their parameters or activate or deactivate them, since synchronization error occurs in January 2022. I find it blackmail to force customers to buy new drivers every time zipato decides to change version. It is not being respected that zipabox1 users maintain the service for which they bought the controller. Agree that they do not allow us to benefit from new functionality, but they must ensure that the one we already had continues to work.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file