This object is in archive! 

motion sensor doesn't wake up

Z wave user shared this question 2 years ago
Need Answer

Hi.

I have a motion sensor which control lights. It works properly for 3 or 4 hours after this time the sensor can't detect the entrance, it likes it goes to sleep. Does anybody know how make it always Wake Up?

Thanks

Replies (3)

photo

Try to change the wake-up time in Device Manager. See the motion sensor manual for more information.

photo

Hi Pekka,

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is that the motion sensor needs "a 30 seconds" after last motion is detects to trigger for second time, for example as you see in attachment after the sensor detects first motion it turns ON the light for 45 second, but for example between second of 20th and 45th if someone move in front of the sensor, after 30 seconds it sends the trigger to the light, even if someone move in front of sensor AGAIN, it needs this 30 second again to send trigger.

actually I want the sensor refresh this 45sec if another motion is detected during this time.

I hope I explained well. Thanks

photo
photo

Do I understand correctly? You want the lights to stay on for longer than 45 seconds if the sensor detects movement when the lights are on?

You can try what is the effect if you reduce the “ON/OFF Duration”. The minimum time is 5 seconds.

And yes, “join” may be necessary as Patrick suggested.

https://community.zipato.com/topic/how-does-the-controls-join-and-stop-function

photo

I will try "Join". But it likes there is a "30 second" imbedded in the sensor, if sensor detect a movement after the first trigger, it goes to sleep for 30 second, during this 30 second the sensor doesn't work, AND no one should be in front of the sensor during this 30 second, otherwise it starts this 30 second from the beginning. when this 30 second is over, now it is ready to sense movement for turning on the lights.

photo
photo

If the problem is still there, try to contact the support center of the product to get further help

Leave a Comment

Attach a file