AEOTEC Range Extender seen as On/Off Switch

Ismo Korhonen shared this problem 9 years ago
Not a Problem

Automatically those where set as hidden.

Even though I set unhidden, I cannot see those and I cannot set on or off those range extenders.

Zipabox has set all those as On/off Switch is that right, should those be ramp?

I have 4pcs of those range extenders, but I cannot see any help.

I heard that "rebuild" command will rebuild Z-wave network and then command will be sent though another z-wave product, if it has problems to receive.

How to set rebuild command at Zipabox?

How to really know that range extenders are doing something?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Ismo,

this Device is really a Repeater and not a Range extender,we are not sure why Aeon is declaring it as a Range extender. With a Device like this there is really nothing to show since you can't control them. You don't set it On/Off, if it has a power supply it is working and if it doesn't it won't be working. You should leave it hidden.

"Rebuild" Z-Wave network will be available in the new UI.

The only way to know if a Range extender is doing its work is to try the Device with a problematic range with and without the Range extender

Best regards,

Hrvoje

photo

Hi !

I have the same problem, the extender does not do anything ! if i move my zipatomini closer to my door sensor, it works but if i move it just out of range, and put my range extender in the middle, it doesn't do anything ! And if i look in my iphone, it tells me that my extender is online, but if i remove my extender and wait 24 our it still are online ??? Something is NOT working, but i dont know what !

Iv got to many strange error with this mini controller, so maby its time to change to another..

Leave a Comment

Attach a file