When is the IOS app updated

Anjos shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

I have seen the new android app and I like it very mutch. But I have only IOS devices. Could you tell me when the IOS update is available?

Replies (26)

photo

New iOS app is almost ready, but we had some delays in development so we postponed the publishing for the end of January.

photo

Great. Thnx for the quick answer.

photo

You don't specify the year, is it a mistake ???

You also promise V1.0 in few month when we were in 2013 !

So my question is serious ! I am really waiting for this version I can't use my box correctly because I don't want to switch my PC only for switching a lamp or my roller shutter !!!

photo

domoteek wrote:

You don't specify the year, is it a mistake ???

You also promise V1.0 in few month when we were in 2013 !

So my question is serious ! I am really waiting for this version I can't use my box correctly because I don't want to switch my PC only for switching a lamp or my roller shutter !!!

I think you are pushing a bit too hard here. v.1.0 is the NAME of the app. It can be also 7.456 like with some other products on the market and still have many issues. I don't understand why are you so keen to change the NAME of the app. Also, I still think my answer was clear about the release date of the new app.

photo

Chill @domogeek. 0.xxx is just versioning system zipato accepted. As long as bugs are detected and removed I don't give a ... what number the firmware is.

photo

@domogeek: as far as I am concerned, I almost never use the iphone app.

I was looking for a faster and better way to launch scenes or rules and I found the app named "launch center pro" for iphone.

You can create categories and by pushing it, some noew icons will appear and you simply have to move your finger on the action you wanna launch and then pull your finger off the screen.

I think that it is easier to understand how easy, useful and fast this app is by taking a look at some videos on youtube ;)

I simply had to create virtual meters to launch a certain rule using one url by action, like this:

when virtual meter = 1

set lights 100%

when virtual meter = 2

set lights 0%

and create actions in launch center pro like this:

action 1 (but you can name it the way you want, like : LIGHTS ON)

launch url

https://my.zipato.com/zipato-web/...........value=1

action 2 (LIGHTS OFF)

launch url

https://my.zipato.com/zipato-web/...........value=2

This way I am controlling my zipabox with only 2 clicks!

N'hésite pas à me contacter si tu veux plus de précisions sur l'utilisation du programme!

photo

@ thomasfr : Thanks for your answer. It is interesting to now that the can use antother app, but it is crazy that we have to use another app for this box !

It is is depending on uses, and pepole use box differently, but me I am used to use each day the mobile app (also because are working one day and the other one not, so I have to manually do what the box shouls do with the rule.

Zipato said that the iphone app is working, but iti is false, my switch are not visble on the iphone app since the new UI, and it is not acceptable that the only answer is " you can use web UI so it is not a problem !" I have to use PC for witching all my device and they consider this like normal, that's just crazy !

@popovic : You can't say that the iphone app is working since my switch have disappeared ! And you now that because I have a ticket opened for that in your support site ! But the only response i have is that I should wait because I can use my switches with the web UI. I can't consider this proposal like acceptable !

So if you prefer instead of talking about "1.00 version" (since you are playnig with name), I will talk about "stable version" ! When will you publish a stable version without asking us to be your beta testers ? Do you think it is normal to ask pepole which were beleiving in you to wait 2 years and after 2 years the only answer you can make is to wait again and again ?

photo

And for illustrating what I said, here you said the iphone is for end of january, and on another post you said in february ! Yous always said things without knowing the answer ? I can understand you don't have an accurate answer (it is your habit), but at least try to answer the same thing to everyone !

Is is always the sams with you, you never never never do things when you promise !

That's why i am a bit worried, I know yous so I know that I will perhaps have a working app in march or april if I am lucky ! And during this time the only thing I can do is switching on my PC for launching scenarios or swtiching my lamps or my shutter ! And you just think it is normal ??? Is it really your vision of home automation ???

photo

domoteek wrote:

And for illustrating what I said, here you said the iphone is for end of january, and on another post you said in february ! Yous always said things without knowing the answer ? I can understand you don't have an accurate answer (it is your habit), but at least try to answer the same thing to everyone !

Is is always the sams with you, you never never never do things when you promise !

That's why i am a bit worried, I know yous so I know that I will perhaps have a working app in march or april if I am lucky ! And during this time the only thing I can do is switching on my PC for launching scenarios or swtiching my lamps or my shutter ! And you just think it is normal ??? Is it really your vision of home automation ???

I think we should restore only the features and apps which were available when you bought the system for the first place. This would certainly make it much easier to release what you call "stable" version. However, during this period you got hundreds of new options and improvements of the system free of charge, which should make your investment of 199Euro much more better. Now we published the new app for web, and new app for Android, but still didn't publish the new app for iOS and you are complaining because we will publish it at beginning of February instead of end of January. Please take my apologize for this mistake. We will certainly find the way to keep promises in the future, or not to make promises at all. However you helped us to learn how adding new functions free of charge, brings us only in problems or potential problems, as :-(

As for your iOS app, i really don't know why it is not working as mine is working currently, but I am quite sure that support department will do their best.

photo

The old app is working vine on the iphone.

and i use the new one on a android tablet at the same time.

Did not have any problems

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

New iOS app is almost ready, but we had some delays in development so we postponed the publishing for the end of January.
Any news on this?

photo

Same question. Sebastian, you have said "end of january" in your first post... And we are ... mid february ... Very strange, one more promise broken. Same thing for Philips Hue support, promise but nothing !

How could we trust you on anything ? Realy you should think about it, this is one of your worst problem, broken promise since the begining !!!

In the future, If you promise something, make it real at the date you promise and not , weeks, month or years later.

photo

Well Laurent, we have some issues with iOS app as our main iOS developer got ill. Despite you impatiance, we were working on this app for about one year and we don't consider one or few weeks as very important right now. Anyway, we will publish our app as soon as possible. And in the meanwhile, I will just remind you that this is the free application, as well as the one which is already available on the store and you can use it.

Regarding the philips hue, I never promised it. I just said that we are working on it. However, as you obviously gave more money to phillips than to Zipato, I was wondering did you also write this kind of post to phillips asking them to support some other light bulb with their controller which you also bought?

I hope you can understand that you don't pay for our services, and our promises are mostly on 'best effort' basis. So thank you for your understanding and patiance.

photo

Sebastian, how much is this developer of yours making per month? For you I hope he (or her) is not reading in on this forum. I would personally ask for a triple raise ...

And I never new your software was "free". I always thought you were actually making money on selling Zipaboxes, or at least pay off on your start-up funding. I hope your developers are able to live from the fresh Kroatian air. But I like your salesmanship. Me, I always learned there is no such thing as a free lunch ...

photo

I am not surpised that people ask for something you promised...

Zipato support team has juste write "personnaly" to me last week, saying that the iphone mobile app will be released in one week ! So I am also waiting for it because you promised it last week again !!!

photo

domoteek wrote:

I am not surpised that people ask for something you promised...

Zipato support team has juste write "personnaly" to me last week, saying that the iphone mobile app will be released in one week ! So I am also waiting for it because you promised it last week again !!!

estimation of the time is based on "best effort" basis. We want to give as precise answer as can, but It is NOT a promise.

photo

Sebastian,

Maybe you should go to school to learn English or re-read several times what you write in this forum.

In this thread about ios app: "we postponed the publishing for the end of January" -> it means I promise.

In the philips hue thread : "will be supported within a two weeks" -> it means I promise.

So when you have a very big problem not planed (like your developper ill) you should at least write in this forum and give news to your customers.

Finally, I and everybody here DO NOT apreciate your reflexion about money (in many other thread also). We all have bought a product 200€ with the promise of a working product.

The only reason we may accept to give you more money with a subscription is for realy new fonctionnality ! Support for any device (zwave, zibgee, x10, IP ...) is not a new fonctionality, it is BASIC fonctionality.

To conclude, how could we accept to pay for some premium fonctionality when basic fonctionnality are not free of big bugs ? You should think about it. Else unfortunatly for you and for us, I dot not think your company will live many years.

Please, change the way you talk to us, your customers ...

photo

clap clap clap !!!

I have several times aked zipato to have better consideration for their customer....

photo

estimation of the time is based on "best effort" basis. We want to give as precise answer as can, but It is NOT a promise.
Instead of promising the moon, just promise us what you think you will ba able to do in reasonable delay ! We don't want the impossible, juste a working box (like the other ones..) and when you announce a delay, you should respect it (or at least inform us)

photo

April 2015 now - Any news on the IOS update? Hopefully your developer is better.

photo

Please inform us on when the new app will be available. The current situation is not acceptable. If this takes another month, I will sell my box and build a solution myself. The current support is horrible. One app in beta, the other one shows title-key, rendering it to a geek app, not suitable for my family members.

photo

It s unacceptable that the iOS app is not working , for me even the last version is bugging when I open it . Zipato should be clear on when it will fix this issue . We paied a lot of money for stgh that it doesn't work

photo

+1 (It s unacceptable that the iOS app is not working)

photo

I tried to comment on this post for a

couple of hours ago, but apparently was that comment removed, strange policy.

So, Sebastian, instead of

removing posts that doesn’t suit you perhaps you can give us a new release date

of a functional Iphone app, we have been waiting 2 months for the

January-launch.

photo

New iOS application is already available as beta for weeks. In this period we have been fixing various issues according to the feedback from some of users.

We were planing to release the public version before, but beta had some obvious issues which were postponing the release.

Current plan is to send the application for publishing this week.

As for the comment removed, all comments which are sarcastic, provocative and rude, will be removed, as they don't provide any contribution to this community.

photo

Thanks for the update Sebastian.

And for all others: give the Hauppage app a try for now (you will find it when searching for zipato in the app store). It has the basic stuff in there to use until the new Zipato app is out.

photo

Sebastian, to be honest, I cannot think of a comment much more provocative than the one you wrote one month ago; "I will just remind you that this is the free application...".

There nothing free with Zipato, I paid up front for your hardware and software, and were promised a functionality like the this, a quote from zipato.com; "CONTROL YOUR HOME from anywhere in the world". As you know, that is not possible at the moment.

But, I appreciate the update, and will

look forward to the release of a stabile and fully functional app to my Iphone by the end of this week.

photo

Johannes, I am controlling my home from anywhere in the world by using Zipato, as well as thousands of other Zipato customers.

Also, this is possible from any PC or Android device by using new applications, and it is possible from iOS by using the old one. The last one is certainly not as good as the first two, but it is working, and we will replace it with the new one very soon.

I don't know what exactly did you pay and to whom, but you will certainly be able to download the iOS app for free. So please, give us a break here, and we will do it sooner rather than later.

Replies have been locked on this page!