Rule for Heating

Melly shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

Hello Community,

i stuck here with a rule.

I have an on/off Switch, and on this Device i have a heating pump.

Now i want to switch this pump on when:

- Temp is lower than 22°

- on normal days

- time: 04-7:30 and 16:15 - 23:00

Can andybody help me with this?

Melly

Best Answer
photo

Creating virtual thermostat. First go to climate section, icon looks like old glass thermometer. Then click "add new" at the top. From next view, select devices tab, then it opens first subtitle, which should be "temperature". First line is for heating, select your heat pump switch from outputs dropdown, ignore "input" in same line. Then go to the last line, "thermometers", and select your temperature reporting device from dropdown. Next dropdown is for, what temp value is used for control, "last" is ok, i think. Then click "save" and synchronize. After that you have to reload or refresh the browser window, that you can see the new thermostat. Then click * for settings again. From "week" tab you can now select 4 pre programmed temp value which you can set for your needs. (red values is for heating) With mouse, drag desired time from each day, and select one from these 4 temperature modes.

Replies (8)

photo

You need also at least one temperature sensor. Then you can create a virtual thermostat, whose output device you choose that heat pump's switch and input device need to be some temp sensor at this heat pump room area.

Then you can set up weekly program with desired temperatures at desired times.

Or you can have some supported "ir-blaster/extender" device, which can control heat pump as remote.

photo

Hi jki,

i thougt i could make a rule like this one i created, but its not working

photo

Why don't you use the virtual thermostat?

Select that on/off switch for Heating Output

Select a thermostat device as your THERMOMETER INPUT

photo

Hi,

ok can you maybe give me an example for a rule and the virtual switch?

Melly

photo

Creating virtual thermostat. First go to climate section, icon looks like old glass thermometer. Then click "add new" at the top. From next view, select devices tab, then it opens first subtitle, which should be "temperature". First line is for heating, select your heat pump switch from outputs dropdown, ignore "input" in same line. Then go to the last line, "thermometers", and select your temperature reporting device from dropdown. Next dropdown is for, what temp value is used for control, "last" is ok, i think. Then click "save" and synchronize. After that you have to reload or refresh the browser window, that you can see the new thermostat. Then click * for settings again. From "week" tab you can now select 4 pre programmed temp value which you can set for your needs. (red values is for heating) With mouse, drag desired time from each day, and select one from these 4 temperature modes.

photo

Hello jki,

thanks for your help. I will try this out.

Melly

photo

Hi,

Rule works perfekt!! Thanks.

One more thing: now if the Pump is running, its always for about 7 Minutes, than the temperature is perfect.

But is it possbile that the pump can run about 30minutes evertime the temperture is too low?

Melly

photo

Perhaps Zipato staff could verify, if there is adjustable hysteresis coming for virtual thermostats. Or is it only premium feature...

Leave a Comment

Attach a file