This object is in archive! 

433 receiving values and sending at the same time

Nicklas Simberg shared this problem 10 years ago
Known

Using a Nexa motion sensor that via rule should light up 2 nexa on/off switches when triggered. However if I do not use a wait step between trigger action of the motion sensor and on switch it does not work. The zipabox does claim that it has turned on the light however the switch never turns on.

I do not have a connection trouble between the zipabox and the on off switch when operating it manually from zipabox

However if I build the same scenario but starting a zwave device via nexa motion sensor I do not need the wait step

I have moved from a 433 network to zipabox and slowly moving to z-wave

One of the main reason I did give zipabox a change was that it should be able to handle both 433 and zwave to ease the transition to zwave. But I have allot of senders on 433 and if there values could interrupt sending of commands if happening at the same time the box becomes unreliable.

Replies (4)

photo

I have the same problem. When the sensor/switch and the actuator are both 433 devices, there could be a problem when they are in the same timeframe. A solution is, to include the sensor on the actuator directly and use the Zipabox only to send on/off commands. But then you have to lisn from the Zipabox to update the status as the sensor switches the actuator. An advantage of this methode is that it also working when the Zipabox is out of order (better WAF).

An other problem is that not al the 433 devices from CoCo are supported. For example the 8802 double switch and the 16 channel remote are not supported.

photo

Thanks for the advice however i have more logic in most cases such as timeframes and logic dependent on other statuses so not a option for me.

I guess i have to go back to computer controlled telstick duo to handle this.

To bad really hoped to get a easier solution.

Might try to let the computer control the 433 devices and set up zipabox with virtual switches.

Any comment from zipato if you are working on this or its just crappy hardware?

photo

Greetings,

This is a known limitation of our RF433 decoder/encoder software. It cannot handle several commands in a small timeframe well.

That's why you need to place a delay between sending commands to individual 433 devices. We're currently doing a major overhaul of our 433 software and we will fix this issue.

In the meantime, just make sure you use a delay between sending commands to 433 devices and it should work fine.

photo

Thanks for

the replay and the information. Looking forward to this update

//nicklas

Leave a Comment

Attach a file