This object is in archive! 

433MHz Module Not Working

David Ryan shared this problem 11 years ago
Solved

I have just added the 433MHz moduke to my Zipabox and when I try to add my LightwaveRF sockets I get the answer "You don't have selected network!".

Is there any way of knowing if the module is actually working?

Just to add, I have tried pressing the reset button but still nothing.

Replies (28)

photo

Log out and back in to web app.

Refresh the page (Ctrl+F5).

photo

I am now able to add Lightwave devices to my Zipabox but am not able to control them.

photo

Which devices are you trying to control?

When you were adding them, did those devices indicate they were joined successfully to the Zipabox (actuators usually turn on for a second and then off, dimmers turn slowly on, then off)?

photo

I cannot add Lightwave LW201 and LW221 ?? Also a device adds which I cannot control and now I cannot remove ?

photo

I am trying to control these Lightwave sockets.

I do not remember seeing these sockets turn on for a second.

photo

Gordon, can you not just delete the device from the device manager by clicking "Total Devices" in the General section and deleting from the list of devices?

photo

@Gordon - LW201 and LW221 are switches / transmitter devices, you can NOT control them.

You can use them as inputs/triggers for your rules.

@David - we're investigating.

photo

Thanks for looking.

I hope you find a solution.

photo

@David - please e-mail you credentials to support@zipato.com so we can try a potential fix.

photo

E-mail sent with details.

photo

I've just bought zipabox & 433 module and I'm having the same problem as David. Trying to add LW dimmable wall switch (LW230), the zipabox says its found it but the switch doesn't flash its lights in the same way as it does when pairing with other LW controllers.

@Tomislav, could you give us some details on the "potential fix" please?

photo

There isn't a fix just yet Jonathan.

Tom is working on it and will report back when it's ready.

photo

Ah, right. Thanks for letting me know David.

To be honest I'm struggling to get any of the 3 lightwave devices I have to link up with Zipabox. They are a double wall socket, a triple dimmer switch and a motion sensor. I wonder if anyone's had any luck...

photo

Issues with LightWaveRF devices are fixed and fixes will be in next firmware update.

If you want it sooner, e-mail us support@zipato.com.

photo

Is there going to be more lightwaverf devices added to the device list in the new firmware? I have a CFL bulb that I'm hoping will work with another profile. I can not seem to remove devices either. Is there not a easy way to just select the device I want to be removed?

photo

@Glen can you not delete them from the device manager?

photo

@David maybe I'm being stupid but I can not seem to find a device manager in the general settings or the general tab it self. The only button I can find is remove device that does not work.

photo

In the General section click "Total Devices". This will give you a list of all your devices. To delete one just right click the device you want to delete.

photo

@David Just an update, I think I found the device manager you are talking of but I still can not find a way to remove the devices. Has any one else been successful in pairing any lightwaverf devices via the 433Mhz module? I have tried the premium on/off wall plug, the basic on/off wall plug, cfl light bulb, basic and premium remotes and wireless wall switch with none of the working. They all pair and then fail to work. I also have the beta firmware described above.

photo

You should be able to just right click at select delete from the devices.

Have you requested the firmware upgrade by sending your details to support@zipato.com

photo

I have just received a replacement module and can still not control my Lightwave sockets.

photo

We have ironed out the LW issues and the fixes for these problems will be in 0.9.988 firmware.

Some users already have those fixes applied, if you want them before firmware release contact us at support@zipato.com or reopen your ticket if you had one opened.

Thanks,

Tom

photo

Hello,

I just connected a 433 module to the Zipaboy. In the "add device" list I have only a "generic 868" but my module is a 433.

When I chosse the 868 instead, I get the same message "network not selected".

I logget out an in and refreshed the page. No results.

photo

There is no generic 433 MHz device in the list - you have to select the particular model (Chacon, Coco, Lightwave) of your 433MHz device from the dropdown list.

photo

Could you add an entry "generic 433" to add devices working with 433 MHz?

photo

alguém tem algum tutorial mostrando como adicionar dispositivos 433mHz ao modulo Zipabox 433MHz? Este modulo funciona apenas como transmisor ou receptor ? se for configurado para receptor, irá funcionar apenas com esta função?

photo

someone has a tutorial showing how to add 433MhZ devices to the 433MHz Zipabox module? This module works only as transmitter or receiver at once? If I configured it to work as a receiver, it will only work as a receiver an it couldn't as a transmitter?

photo

You can't configure a module. The 433 MHz device is either a transmitter or a receiver. It is not both. If the device is a transmitter, module will handle it as such. The same applies for receivers.

photo

It's possible to add generic 433mhz device? I have an 433mhz remote to control the garage door. I would like to know if I can send RF command by zipabox 433 module to my garage door device?

photo

It is possible only to control devices that we supported

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file