This object is in archive! 

Support of Popp KFOB-C 4 buttons keyfob

Junk Name shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

I bought a Popp KFOB-C 4 buttons keyfob ( http://www.popp.eu/products/controllers/kfob-remote-control/ ) It doesn't seem to be supported. I can include it but can't have access to buttons in rules. See in file included what I get when I include it.

Regards.

Replies (9)

photo

Very strange. Al products from Aeotec, Fibaro, Dana Lock and Philio should always be 100% sported.

photo

I have the same view as you after inclusion of kfob. I made some tests fo trying to associate devices to one button but without success. Philippe, did you find a solution? If yes, could you share it? If not, did you open a support ticket for integrating better the new kfob into the device manager?

Regards,

Cédric

photo

Hello Cédric,

I have opened a ticket. Here is support response:

We will need to update device descriptor in order to make it work

correctly. This will take some time because we need to acquire this

device first and then recreate device descriptor. Please be patient I

will contact you as soon as we will have more information.

photo

Hello,

Thanks to Zipato support, device descriptor for this keyfob is now OK and my keyfob is working :-)

Regards.

photo

Great. I will check tonight.

photo

Dear Philippe,

Could you give me some tips on how you have implemented your keyfob? I look strange to me not to have the possibility to modify parameters in the configuration tab. Did you use custom configuration?

Did you make the associations of A,B,C and D groups by using the association button on the "ADVANCED" tab?

I saw that the 4 groups are listed as controls in the rule manager but it doesn't seem that just pushing a button trigger successfully an event cacheable by a rule at least with the standard configuration.

I was thinking doing just a simple rule like "when button 1 is pushed, toggle light X" but I didn't succeed for the time being.

Any help is welcome ;-)

photo

I have reset my keyfob and join it again. I get this (see attached picture). As you can see, I get a long list of events for use in rules. I didn't change anything in configuration. For each button, there is 4 events: click, double click, hold, release after hold. If you select "click", if you press button slowly, the rule is not triggered because it's an "hold" event. To avoid this, in my rules I have done an OR with "button click" and "hold".

photo

Thanks. I was expecting 4 items, one for each button and not everything in the same list. I have indeed the same situation as you and I can start my testing this weekend.

photo

I have the same device, how did you include the device? Because I can't include the device

photo

Did you find out how to include this device, I didn't get it to work after many attempts... :(

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file