This object is in archive! 

Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Gen5 Multisensor not triggering?

Fredrik Karlsson shared this problem 8 years ago
Known

Hi,

I have a problem getting lights to go on (G2 Aeotec on/off in wall switch, http://aeotec.com/z-wave-in-wall-switches) by motion sensor (the Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Gen5 Multisensor).

First of all, the motion sensor is working ( I just triggered it here):

68051325eeec7e5b4deedb5fadb99048

Ok, since this is an easy setup, I tried to do it by association:

dfe70fd2aaee900c93f1a02e5535fda8

As you can see, there is an association between the multisensor and the switch triggering the lights. The switch is working fine, I should say also, and I can trigger it remotely, no problem there. However, motion detedted from the sensor will not cause the switch to turn on.

I have also tried the to make use of motion in a rule instead:

64c633084e9600f29f0a36396ff6ca7c

Same switches used, but I never get a push message.

So, ok - what could be wrong here. The motion sensor is obviously working, but I cannot make use of it.

I would be greatful for any help I can get.

Fredrik

Replies (5)

photo

Ok, I have had some sucess with in this, but the device is just odd.

What I can do is have two rules like this, and then set the TIMEOUT_AFTER_NO_MOTION setting of the sensor to a value that I want. Then, everything works.a6e1172c934279418250196108d256af

However, I cannot merge these rules into one using an initial "Any" sensor value and then checking for motion.

The lights will then not go on. Odd behaviour.

And a confusing aspect of the device. I can get motion state either as a sensor value or as a meter. Very confusing.

photo

Hi,

Hi,

You could do like attached.

Within the IF you can also make an AND to for example use a sensor for light /dark so only when it's dark and there is motion the light will turn on.

Regards,

Slashroot

photo

Ooops, Below the When there should be a JOIN :)

photo

Hope this works for you

photo

O have a MultiSensor 6. But only motion work fine. All other shows “-“ values. I have ticket opened 3 days ago. But don’t found solution.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file