BIG ROLLER SHUTTER PROBLEM CHACON 433

Jacques shared this problem 8 years ago
Known

Hi,

I have just added a new CHACON ROLLER SHUTTER device since the old one seems to had some troubles since the last firmware update, but now, I'm not able to use this new device into my rules.

It doesn't accept to be used in the block, neither action or set (it doesn't match in).

I tried in Scene but I can only close it and not open it.

With the dashboard (new ui) and the slide buton (0-100%) I can only close it, either with 0% or 100%, it's the same it only close.

I have tu use the old ui to bind this device with my remote to use it (on/off) and it works.

I'm waiting from zipato to do something quickly, because it works very well before, and don't say its my zipato box....

For the others users, just try to add a new roller shutter device and tell me what is working or not!

Have you also the slide 0-100 % (Chacon not somfy or zwave)

So, hurry up please, It cost me 30 € to repair something which was working, and now I will not be able to use it in my rules.

Thanks

Replies (9)

photo

Is it 433mhz?

photo

Se my last video if it can help you: https://youtu.be/9Sx99Wq8wyE

photo

Thanks for your link, this works well with my somfy roller shutter.

Chacon 433Mhz device has only a on and off button normaly , but a few days ago, the button disapeared and now I have for all my Chacon roller shutters a slide bar (the same as for somfy) 0 to 100% but I can't set the time to go down or or up (invalid can't save)...zipato is surely working on something right now I suppose, and I have troubles now I didn't have yesterday :(

I've post to the the support....

photo

When you say an on and an of button you must explain. Because normally a blind hav a "DOWN, STOPP, UPP" button.

And when you say they have disappeared do you mean from rule creator, app, or web interface.

I have asked for commands in the rule creator, STOP, UPP, DOWN but at the moment there is only decrees, increase, set value.

photo

My suggestion is that in the app have a UPP, STOPP, DOWN command and that if you "long press" anywhere on this buttons you get a "dimmer like" setting where you can change the exact procent you want for your blinds.

What is the crucial things you want to se about blinds?

1) What blind? (Ea. Bedroom Blind)

2) Possibility to move upp, down and stop

3) See what possision the blinds is in

4) Control the position

5) Smal footprint on the screen so you can have a lot of units on the sam screen

6) Easy to control with your finger with out by mistake do something you don't want.

And how do you do this? 3 buttons with long press for % to get exact position.

I will show you what I mean with pictures

photo

The old UI and the New one had this button (up/down and no stop, and on/off in the rules)).

The new shutter device has not the same options (time up/down)

Have you tried android imperihome to manage your devices ?

photo

As for the Chacon, new FW implementation wrongly assumes that combination ON and the OFF (or OFF and then ON) means STOP, since it doesn't have a stop command like blinds and somfy.

As for Blinds, have you checked do you have up (startChangeUp), down (startChangeDown) and stop (stopChange) in the rule creator with new FW?

photo

The Chacon problem is detected and fixed. It only needs some more testing before release it.

photo
photo

Change cero to the seconds it take for it to go upp and down! Otherwise it will not move, because the box think it takes 0 seconds for it to go down!

photo

Sorry, but I can't save anything, see above picture invalid.jpg. I will try an old firmware to fix it.

photo

Old firmware doesn't change anything because the UI is the same.

photo

I've create a virtual switch binded (old ui) with the shutter. I use now this virtual switch in my rules waiting for zipato to fix the problem.

In the new UI , how can I bind something ?

photo
photo

Then it is probably at Zipatos end. Butt never use the old UI, it is rapidly becoming outdated and buggy I think.

photo

I use it only for the bind, because the new UI has not the same capabilities to bind

photo

Sorry for being stupid but what do you mean buy bind?

photo

Direct association between the remote and a device.

photo
photo

Zipato Answer : (but nothing happends)

we are working on the fix for the controller!The problem is as you noticed with the device descriptor which introduced the slider for exact positioning of the shutters.Unfortunately it was released before testing and we will do our best to fix it in a few days. We have tried the new fix herein the labs, you can test it aswell, go to main device settings of the roller shutter and at the bottom of the screen you willsee 'RE-APPLY DEVICE DESCRIPTORS', if it then works as it should great if not try to re-include the shutter for the newsettings take effect. If it still doesn't work you will have to wait until the new beta firmware.

photo

Firmare 9.999.8e with re add chacon device is working. But only use 0% and 100%, the other % are not really working.

i.e.

My shutter is open , I give 30% in the UI. It close itself when re-oppen itself (I have given the seconds in configuration)

photo

Did I understand you correctly? When you set the shutter to 30%, it really goes to 30%, but then rolls back? If it is so, then it is a known problem and you need the latest beta FW release. If it is not available to you yet, send me your username on zcerovski@3plus.hr and I will put the FW that should work on your box tomorrow when I am in the office.

photo

The latest fw beta is 8e. I have it. Is there another one ?

photo

I am not sure what that release really contains. I think that it is the best if you send me your username at the e-mail above and me or guys from support will put the FW on your box that should resolve your current problem

photo

Hi,

Did the fw from zeljko solve the problem?

photo
photo

Yes, but after two weeks i'm not able again to add a new device.

photo

This is a new issue and you need latest FW which I can provide you, just send me SN of the box

photo

I have the asame problem.

photo

I recommend you to upgrade to the latest beta FW release

Leave a Comment

Attach a file