This object is in archive! 

Oregon device, battery changed, do I re-include?

Jacques shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have changed the battery of my oregon THGR122NX. The battery Icon on the UI was red and empty.

Do I have to do a reset on this device after changing the battery ?

Do I have to re-include this device to the ZIPATO ? If I have to that I have to correct all my rules

Thx

9ddba1c48e6107cabbec4a1aa692ee45

Replies (3)

photo

Hi,

Same question and I would like to know if I can change UUID of this device with Zipato's API ?

Thanks

Chrys

photo

If you have .8k firmware on your box, you should have support for battery change functionality for Oregon sensors. The procedure is as follows:

- in the device manager, under device, select settings -> configuration

- in STATE RESET menu select RESET

- save and synchronize

After that, just wait the device to send a message and check if UI is updated.

NOTE: You must have all transmitting 433 devices included or with no batteries. Otherwise, you might create a conflict.

Also, you might not have a configure menu in the device settings. In that case try the following first:

- under device, menu select settings

- at the bottom, select re-apply device descriptor

- refresh the browser and sync

If that won't work, you will have to re-join the device, but next time you will have to change the batteries, the described procedure should work.

photo

Hi,

After your procedure completed, should we change state to normal or without anything selected, save and synchronize or should we stay in the state « reset »? Because I’ve 2 Oregon sensors, the procedure works, I didn’t change the state and 2 days later the sensors switch (inside temp switch with outside temp).

Thanks !

photo

Yes, it would be the best to change the state to "normal" after you receive the first update and then start the procedure with another device if you have more, but still I am not sure why any problem appear after two whole days and not sooner.

photo
photo

Hi,

I'm in .8k firmware and it looks run.

Thanks

Chrys

Leave a Comment

Attach a file