IFTTT Feature request

Gomobi shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

I would like to vouch to have IFTTT support as a feature to Zipato.

Would also like to be able to trigger an event from a mobile app (that we're building) to send an event to Zipato box directly and for this trigger to be able to be added to RULES for further enhancements.

What you recommend best approach will be to achieve this?

Thanks

Replies (3)

photo

See in the knowledge base. It is easy: Create virtual meter. This meter has an URL. This URL you can use in IFTTT "do". In IFTTT you give this meter a value. In Zipatobox rules you look for this meter and make an action dependung on the value of the meter. You can send 100 different values, so you can control 100 actions. Works perfekt for me. I have done a ifttt DO button in ios as a one button solution for light on off. Works!

photo

Actually you can use the Maker channel from IFTTT to control some values of an virtual meter. That is all you need to act on events triggered from other channels.

For example you can use it for setting your home into holiday mode controlled via google calendar dates. This is a real added value for home automation.

See example here.

photo

I think it would be better to integrate a new kind of object. The new object should offer a possibility to connect directly to a channel (e.g. google calendar). So you don't have to use the detour. You can define a rule directly on your zipabox that triggers via the connected channel.

It's also a matter of security because you don't have to paste your secret information to another plattform as IFTTT.com

I suggest to implement this like the virtual devices. So a new entry called "Channel" would appear when adding a new device.

The channels could be extended step by step by new channel classes. First of all I would like to have a channel class "Google calendar". This can easily be integrated by the google API.

In the device list a new entry "Channel objects" as heading will be shown after adding a new channel object. The added channel object will appear below analogue to Virtual network.

Maybe the name channel object is not that good. Trigger object would also be a possible name. But based on the IFFFT wording channel will express what is meant.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file