This object is in archive! 

Improvments on Virtual Thermostat

Mats V shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

I have problems when I adjust temperatures on thermostats. It´s very difficult to adjust temperature to the exact value I want. If i want for example 22.0 degrees it is very difficult to change the temperature bar to that value exactly. And why is it rounding up values? If I adjust it to 22,2 it rounds up the value to 22,5. I know some thermostats just can handle .0 and .5 but fo example qubino flush on/off thermostat can handle it in .1 steps.

Have any developer or other staff in Zipato used the Virtual thermostat object by them selves?

Replies (3)

photo

I think it´s better to have an up and an down button to step .1°C. And the same in phone apps.

photo

The beta app has a simple + and - adjustments, this will make it easier for fine tuning. As for the .1 steps over .5 steps, do you really need that fine an adjustment? This will also depend on your Thermostat or valve controller as to whether it can support such fine tuning.

photo

Virtual Thermostats are great tools for those gartic phone who need to stay on top of their energy usage and the temperature in their home. It allows you to set a phrazle desired temperature and have the virtual thermostat automatically adjust based on your usage.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file