This object is in archive! 

Setting up an alarm for Home Security

Alberto Macias shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

Hi to all,

Finally after a few months after I bought my zipabox and several devices I started to install them and setting them up, so far I haven't had any issues with including new devices and I have been experimenting a bit with all of them. I got to the point where I have created an alarm in the virtual devices but there is no way I can arm home or away, every time I try to do it I get the same issue "Cannot establish secure connection", I have tried to add another user and give it alarm privileges but I get the message "message.users.saveFailed". I describe a bit more of the system I try to set up and integrate to the alarm system;

Fibaro Door / Window Sensors

Zipato Quad Sensors (Door/Window, Motion, Temperature, Luminance)

Fibaro Motion Sensors (Door/Window, Motion, Temperature, Luminance)

Yale door Locks with z-wave module

Zipato Smoke Detector

Zipato Indoor Alarm

My ultimate goal would be integrate them by zones and be able to arm away (any motion sensor would trigger the alarm) or arm home (only the door/window and locks) the alarm from both smartphone app and maybe a keypad inside the house or any of my door locks, and trigger the siren and lights if the alarm is tripped. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Replies (7)

photo

HeroS,

Thanks for your answer, I'm setting up the alarm still (not to much time after work). Zipato should mention the default password for the alarm somewhere. The remaing problem I'm having is with the users, I cannot add alarm rights to the user in settings, always get the same message "message.users.saveFailed", any thoughts?

photo

Don't know for sure. But try this:

Go to the users and make sure that all the details are filled in and make sure that the sync is working. Use the API for this.

photo

HeroS,

I opened a ticket and support says the user got corrupted (how? dont know) they recommended to delete the user and recreate it. I have created it and it worked. Thanks for your help.

photo

Ok, thank you for the feedback

photo
photo

Yes, HeroS knows his stuff.

You need to add a virtual alarm panel. Then just create the zones and link the devices to them. In the settings the siren can be lights(will flash) and sirens(noisy).

photo

1. Does anybody knows how to setup the squawks?? Can a Zipato RGBW bulb can be used as squawks??

2. I configured for testing purposes the reports in my alarm but looks like a couple of Fibaro Motion sensors are configured a bit to sensitive, while I figure out a proper configuration for those I realized the notifications are sent too often so instead of the report configuration I have created a rule (attached), do you guys have experienced similar issues? how you fixed it??

photo

What is the difference between a normal alarm and a virtual alarm?

photo

Andreas,

Not sure if I understand your question correctly. Zipato has two options virtual alarm and virtual alarm pro, so far the only differences I have seen is the fact that you can send push notifications using the pro version. These alarms use devices conected to zipato, needs to be configured and operated (arm/disarm) through zipato API or APP or with a keypad connected to zipato or using some rule. Always through zipato.

If you mean the difference between an alarm system that can comunicate to zipato and zipato virtual alarm, is the fact that the first would be a standalone alarm system which may have communication to the zipabox for notification or some sort of automation purpose, whereas the zipato virtual alarm every device have to be connected and configured through zipabox.

photo

I took the locksmith's help to change the door sensors as these guys are dealing with those sensor door locks. So, i called them to help me with that issue.

photo

Hello,

Great to hear about your progress with setting up your Zipabox and devices! To address the "Cannot establish secure connection" issue, ensure all devices are paired correctly and within range of the hub. Check network settings and ensure a secure internet connection. For the "message.users.saveFailed" error, verify user permissions for controlling the alarm system.

Your goal of integrating devices by zones and arming from various access points is achievable with proper configuration. Refer to user manuals or contact support for guidance. If you have any other queries you can visit https://celebsvision.com/

Leave a Comment

Attach a file