This object is in archive! 

Update Nexa 433mHz modules sensors with rule creator

Anders Helle shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

I´m using a lot of nexa motion detectors and door magnets.

i´ve set the motion signal to 5 sek motion trigger when motion is detected.

Sometimes the zipabox does not receive the no motion signal from the module.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change status on sensors in the rule creator.

I´ve tried to use the SET function and used true/false or motion/no motion in the text field, without any luck.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Anders,

there is no way to set a value for the 433 sensors among other things because they are transmitters and can only transmit signal and not receive it.

However it is possible to set a value of a Virtual sensor from a Rule by using an http request puzzle as in the attached pic.

Regarding your problem with Zipabox sometimes not receiving a signal, this could be a range issue or maybe there is a device near by that is emitting a signal and creating disturbances. Or if the 433 sensor is placed near or on a metallic surface.

Regards

Files: HTTP.png
photo

i know that the 433 mhz sensors are only transmitting, and there are no two way communication.

But it would be nice to have the possibility to change the status on sensors by forcing it with a rule.

then i could force the sensor off after 5 to 10 sec.

The sensor itself is changing the status to no motion, but it is the zipabox is not recognizing it.

i causes problems when a sensor has status as "motion" and you enter a room, then the light will not turn on.

I dont think a virtual switch would clear my problem. the status of this is corresponding to the status of the sensor.

Range issue is not a problem i think. I have a wooden house, and the zipabox is in the center of it, maximum 5 -7 meters to the sensors.

On the actuators i have clear the problem by sending 3 actions after one another.

photo

Hi,

I have the same promlem with Nexa devices.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have ticket open but no suggestions to fix it so far.

Kind regards Janne

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file