This object is in archive! 

Philips Hue Bridge 2.0 with Homekit, compatibility?

simole shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

Is new Philips Hue Bridge 2.0 with Homekit compatible with Zipabox?

Replies (21)

photo

Yes. I have no problems with the newest Firmware

photo

Works is a definition?

This is what not works:

1) Can not be shut down completely with the slides?

2) No Warm and cool white slides?

3) The colors match very badly with the colors that light bulb gives? (If I choose, for example blue, it looks like it is white-blue, if I choose red, it looks like purple)

4) As usual very slow update of the status of the UI.

5) Unable to star The Light by Pressing in the Web UI on the bulb(in device manager), like you can do with zwave and 433 MHz.

6) iOS app crashes as soon as you try to change something.

7) When you add the Philips Hue, no names are given to the lamps. This works in all other apps I have added Philips Hue to.

And acording to suport it will not change any time soon!

And acording to support I can't quote the answers I got on these issues. But the only thing I can say is that it will not be changed for a long time!

IMO this is not suport for Philips Hue. But yes you can add the lights whith out the box crashes.

I will post a picture how it looks in the iOS app. And the app crashes if you touch any thing!

I also want to say that the bulbs do not sync with reality:

On the pictures it looks my lights is on but they are all off:

71faee37c74805a073d0e6cfcdbc0815

720f9414a0b6678c096197f8f23d7a4e

a7df724259f9fb44cd635d8651602243

I am so disappointed when Zipato just go half the way or one third and settles with that.

And the thing is that all my disappointment could have bin avoided, when I started writing on the forum that I was interested of buying Hue, and then Zipato could then have told me that they have better support for Osram Lightify. But in my opinion they should not advertise that they have support for Hue if they don't have full support. I don't think the Ceo would settle for this in his own home.

photo

I also discovered an error. That when I add 2 different bulbs from Hue there is only one light that reacts.

2e26820e0725ca8788ea5867236a56a8

photo

After mush work I was able to control al lights separately in rule creator. But it is hard rename the bulbs because you have no idea what bulb you are renaming.

You have to test every single bulb in a rule to know what bulb you are working with.

I should also say that the bulbs not always react, althow I have used 1 second delay between the lights. I have med a rule for Kodi that should turn on and off 2 bulbs in the living room when play, pause.

723f99b042566a277d96ac5de34c4122

Very inconvenient when you have named al the lights once in the Hue app. And al other apps can see the name of the lights, but Zipabox can't!

photo

After more tests the warm color is not possible to set in rule creator. When I drag the slider to the warm scale the color ffffff is set on the block. And instead of warm color I get cold color.

http://www.color-hex.com/color/ffffff

And also I can not send a light intensity to the light bulb.

d0c10d68efdc9d8ee835b5a6f5d32348

aaeefba136cf053781933964b2283d6f

Once again an official statement from Zipato would be nice.

But in my world there are huge flaws with there so called implementation of Philips Hue Lights by Zipato.

photo

I think one of the biggest problems is the hardware is not sufficient to handle the processing. The coding may not be as tight as it could be from reading another post. There may need to be a hardware upgrade. I have an almond + also and there have been many growing pains there too. I'm hopeful Zipato can pull the out. Securifi almond had some issues getting Hue to work.

photo

Zipabox 2,0?

photo

There have been some issue with IP device like Philips Hue and Zipabox, that made Zipabox work very slowly (not sure if it is solve now)

Anyway I remove my Philips Hue from Zipabox and got more stability. I now control my Hue light with HTTP Request instead, it is much more flexible and you only need one line.

To set it up first time can be a bit tricky, if you follow this instruction step by step it is actually working very nice http://www.developers.meethue.com/documentation/getting-started

photo

After going threw the "getting started guid" I could control my lights with my web browser. But what is the rule you posted for. I don't get any value in to the http device.

Could you make a more threw out guid.

And by the way al other users light/1/ state is in my case from 2 to 4 so I don't have any number 1 light.

And please Steen Holm post the help with pictures. I could make a youtube guid later. If I can learn how to mask the user id for the philips bridge.

And buy the way Steen Zipato have solved the issue with IP devices like Philips.

One rule that I want to use is a rule that the philips light intensity follow my ceiling light in my TV room or have another light switch for it.

But still it would be nice to be abel to control the philips lights like the Zipato bulb in the iOs app!

photo

My rule was just a test of the DO button on the iPhone, it turn on HUE light1, the send message is only to see if the rule is running.

You can use the HTTP Request as any light or switch, the critical thing is how you Configure the HTTS Request.

In Philips Hue you can also Group he light and use the group in the HTTP request.

What I learn was that copy and paste not always work even if it looks correct.

photo

So technically I can just use HTTP Request to send Hue lights on and off.

Is it possible to use a virtual level to send different ct value and another virtual level to send different light intensities?

In that case could you show me?

Best regards Jacob!

photo

Yes you can use HTTP Request as on-off

In theory you should be able to use variable in the HTTP Request, but is will ask you to buy package, I have not try this myself, is there anyone that know if this works ?

photo

Hmmm..... what could I say not worth it.

If they don't fixe the support for Hue you could say that it is fals advertisement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising

They show support for Hue on there internet page but it is not even close. Just because the box does not crash it does not mean it is supported.

There is so advanced things they could do.

photo
photo

60ffb1bea19c14af458a5ca1acd7d431

What did I miss?

photo

And the thing I can't understand is why Zipato can't send the right values to the light:

http://www.developers.meethue.com/documentation/core-concepts#color_gets_more_complicated

At the moment I could without problems get my web browser to send al commands to the light bulbs.

Ther is even a Icon pack Zipato could use when integrating i there system with Philips:

So first of all when adding philips to zipabox it should retrieve info about what lights are connected and there names, and Zipato should have the same names as the user gave the lights in Philips Hue Bridge. I can easy get this info buy sending this:

138191ed3872fa8bf4a5dbe65a72b655

And then I get the info like this:

0f002d4debd396d608a5c3995d7f8e5b

You can se that the first light I have is called Soffa. (WHY CANT ZIPATO RETRIEVE THIS INFO AND USE IT)

If I so easy without programing no how can get this info and control my hue lights It should not take more than 1 day for a skills programer to fix this.

7d5a61327da3d93a489570ddbb9d43b5

I am now trying to find out how to control the warm white scale on Philips Hue.

I manage to send the warm white spectrum super easy via the web, it is the ct value, and it go from 153-500. 500 is the warmest and 153 is the coldest. How can not Zipato manage to do this? I can't understand that?

2acaa92d5aeaa3992a40d8ed2d8191e3

Al the info is on the Philips Hue SDK page?

http://www.developers.meethue.com/documentation/core-concepts

photo

Why is not anything happening with the Hue support? Zipato?

photo
photo

This is how it could work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlXdTzz1I1k

Look at the speed everything updates.

can't understand why Zipato can't have this?

photo

Jacob is very true with his statements, my current understanding as well is that hue is NOT supported due to the lack of features / amount of bugs in the current implementation. When (meaning a DATE, not "version 1.0" will this be fixed ?

photo

Thank you!

The thing that irritates me is that they don't say anything officially and that they advertise things that is not functioning properly.

photo
photo

Almost everything that I complain about with Philips Hue lights have bin fixed. But there is still some very important things missing.

1) Warm withe is not controllable with rule creator.

2 Warm withe is not controllable in Device manager

3) Warm withe is not controllable in iOs App

4) You can not dim lights in iOs App

5) No feedback is given to you in Device manager if the lights is on or off

6) No "Philips scenes" is downloaded to Zipabox or usable in Zipabox ea. relax, reading and so on.

7) No Icon pack is matched in Zipabox with Philips Hue downloadable icon pack?

Hope this can be fixed as soon as possible. Then you/Zipato can say that you have 100% Compabilety with Philips Hue.

And by the way I really miss the toggle function and on, off function in rule creator for all other lights. Especially Fibaro and Qubino. This would really help to get the one button control that I want for all lights.

Best regards Jacob!

5d167f18a55c4af6dd917ec108019f14

61ab04cb94546ddf6c527ea5d437747c

photo

8) Also there is no "START CHANGE UPP", "START CHANGE DOWN" command of the Philips Hue lights

This means you can hav a switch that you press and hold to get Hue light to dim upp and down by holding the switch.

This problem with light control continue to be a problem with all lights.

Some have start change upp and down butt no toggle, and some have toggle but no start change upp or down.

All this should have bigg work over so you can control lights on, off and dim with the same button.

1) you select the button you want to use for control.

2) You select if the button should work as on, off or toggle button when you press it fast

3) If there is a press and hold function you select if you want it to be press and hold to dim upp or press and hold to dim down, or if you want the button to toggle between dim up and down depending on what it last did, just like a Fibaro or Qubino or any other switch dim works.

4) You select what light or lights you want to control.

5) You select if you want som kind of software sync between light levels, so there is as little delay between diferent lights and barands when it comes to level/ intensity of lights.

6) Select the tim of different things just like Fibaro or Qubino. Dim upp time when key held and so on

This should only be a simple pic and select process for the user of Zipabox and of curse if you want to make advanced rules you should be able to do that.

I understand that it is a lot of work behind the scenes to get this function to work good with different brands and setups. But why did not someone thought of this before at zipato. I mean someone must have tested a Fibaro dimmer and seen how it works and could just copy the behavior?

Just som midnight thoughts!

photo

Pleas Zipato is there any news of full support of Philips Hue?

Aspeccialy control over warm white?

The Questions, issues above?

photo

Yeah zipato is not going full in device support like hue etc. Pretty Shame because the they would have AAALLLOOOOTTT of new users buying there system.

photo

Also not supporting sonos 100% Maybe only 40%

photo

???

photo
photo

Jacob,

If you enable the visibility for the ON/OFF endpoint you can see if your bulb is ON/OFF. I know, is not ideal but at least you can see the real status (with a small delay) of the bulb and also toggle it (useful if you want to keep using the same setting most of the time)

photo

LOL, now that I remember you showed me that... thanks again

photo

Why the question marks Sebastian?

All the things I have mentioned is still truth?

And we are all still waiting.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file