This object is in archive! 

FGS211 - v2.1 losing connexion after a power failure

Eric T. shared this problem 8 years ago
Known

Hi,

I have several Fibaro FGS211 - (v2.1 and 2.2) and every time there is a - one hour minimum - power failure they lose the connexion with the Zipabox. It's very inconvenient for I have to resynchronize them manually. Am I the only one to experience this? Is there a cure?

Replies (13)

photo

Not sure. I have same problem with the Fibaro RGBW module. It more likely is a Fibaro error rather than a Zipato. if I turn off the light, and wait for 1 hour, it does not get back when turning on the light...

photo

That's a shame. Basically that means I cannot use them for I connected them to a water heater, which is located in the drop/false ceiling. If I have to get to them every time there is a power failure, it's not manageable. And to think I bought six of them!! They should warn people that they lose connection after an hour or so at least. I would have never bought them!

photo

Of course they will inform you....in an ideal world. Not sure how it works with Fibaro HC2, but overall fibaro is an over-marketed overpriced product. The best switches and technology is Qubino. Professional and with many parameters that can ease your life...if you can, always but only Qubino products. Zipato is also good. the switches are great and they have over-protection (apparently Qubino does not have this) so they will not burn out in case high load will hit them.

photo

Yeah, in an ideal world ;-) I must say I'm pretty disappointed in the Zwave world. It's still in its infant stage; a lot of products don't work well, customer service is not very good and prices are outrageous. I hate to say it, but I do regret not to have chosen a proprietary system.

I bought Fibaro because they were the only ones to have a 16 amp relay. Qubino has only 10 (and my water heaters use 2.4 KW). Incidentally I just came across this topic which seems to show that Qubino has the same problem.

photo

Hi Eric,

Trust me, Qubino is great. I don't have this problem so you can consider the linked topic not valid anymore. And I must also say that I would not even dare connecting 16A on a Fibaro. It is not actually 1A that was advertised but only 13A (3k not 3,5k). it is definitely not for a permanent use...it will burn. If you look on the internet you will find out that this relay was revised and the 13A was decreased to 11A. Don't you wonder why? Off the line Qubino can also handle short term 16A, but overall no product on the market that is decigned to fit in a flush box behind the light wswitch will handle long term more than 11A...

photo

Yes I noticed that! the FGS212 is now given for 10 amps even. I came across the Zipato one, which looks interesting, but in the general description it says that it can handle 3000 W loads, but the in detailed description, much less! Go figure. And they say nothing about losing the connection in case of power failure... (Besides it's out of stock anyway...)

photo

Eric, if you need modules or anything, just let me know. I'm also reseller...Zipato can handle 11amps no problem. As as I say, it has over protection so in case you load more, it will cut the line. I had a double module attached to my washing machine. I put the washing on and later on I noticed that the washing was not complete. When I looked in the report in the dashboard, it was showing last measurement as 2200k before cutting out. So it works. This is a safe solution.

photo

Yes it looks like the best solution, but I don't know about the connection loss after a power failure.

photo

Dont worry. It works as it supposed to be. When connection loss, it appears in the system as offline and once power is back, it reappears again as fine. No need to do anything. It just works...Qubino is the same.

photo

OK. I'll probably try them then, but I'm fed up buying stuff that does not work.

photo

Same here, I experienced same behaviour a couple of times but not months ago, something changed

photo

At Fibaro they told me to reduce the "wake up interval", but I don't know where to do so and I really don't think it's the problem; if it was so, the switch may take a little more time to reappear on the network, but it still would. In my case it never reappears unless I press on the inclusion button located on the switch. Not very handy!

photo

Fibaro think. Powered devices are always listening as they are also routing devices. There should not be a wake up interval. i remember there is a setting in Fibaro to poll a device. This must be some Fibaro trick how they force people to use everything fibaro...

Leave a Comment

Attach a file