This object is in archive! 

Zipatile with Benexet P1 Dongle and Hue Light

hvlijssel shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

some questions regarding the Zipatile: Does the Benext P1 Dongle work with the Zipatile? And do I need a Hue bridge to control Hue lights, or can they be controlled direct from the Zipatile?

Thanks!

Replies (6)

photo

Does somebody already have some experience with question above and Zipatile?

photo

Hi, for the Hue you always will need a bridge as that is not Zigbee HA but other Zigbee protocol. This also means that you will need zipatile with Zigbee version. As to the P1 I have no idea but as far as Im aware there is no USB connectivity on zipatile (the only one mixroUSB is used for ethernet/ cable connection via an ethernet to usb adapter).

photo

Thank you for the quick answers! So if i understand correctly even if I have the Zipatile with Zigbee, i need to have the HUE bridge to control the HUE lights?

The P1 Module is Z-wave compatible (wireless), so no need of usb or other connection, you can just plugin the module in your energy meter device.

photo

@Attila: that is not properly correct: I have the Zipatile WITHOUTH ZigBee Support and my Hues are working just fine with it :) But yes, you absolutely need the bridge: The Zipatile connects to the bridge (same manner as the Hue-compatible smartphone apps).

photo

Hi Christoph, thanks for the correction. So basically Zipatile must be using the IP connectivity rather than the Zigbee protocol. Makes sense.

photo

Did somebody got the P! dongle to work on the Zipatile?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file