This object is in archive! 

zwave problem - what does it mean ?

Max Stephan shared this problem 7 years ago
Known

Sometimes some of my zwave devices show up in device manager as "having problems", what exactly does this mean ?

right now i have three devices with this status, none of them is offline or has low battery level ?

a44ecaff99d64b4315490a64989bb592

Replies (4)

photo

this answeres your question stated by zipato support.https://community.zipato.com/topic/window-stating-problem-with-a-yellow-circle

photo

Dear Max,

this means that your controller and device have bad communication, most often the cause of this is range.

This will happen only if there is no response during the first and second interval of communication between device to the controller. After the third interval in which there is no response device goes to offline list.

I suggest that you do network heal. You can do that by going into Controller settings - Network heal.

Network heal is a tool that can rebuild the Z-Wave controller routing table of the entire Z-Wave network.

It instructs every Z-Wave device in your Z-Wave network to find other Z-Wave devices in their direct range and report the results back to the controller. With this information, the controller can construct a new routing table that reflects the current topology of your Z-Wave network. This process can be started and stopped at any time, without side effects.

photo

Thx both - I've added some mains powered zwave devices now which hopefully solve this issue, before i only had battery powered ones.

I've also performed a network heal which leads me to a question - Is there some way to "see" the zwave network topology from Zipato controller, either throught the GUI or the API ? It would be nice to have a graphic representation of it, for example habmin for openhab provides something like this.

photo

Yes that would be nice a graphic representation of the zwave network like in Domoticz.

photo
photo

There are no graphics but you can under a machine check which devices are in range.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file