This object is in archive! 

Rule temperature

Dennis Norlin shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Hello. I try to do one simply rule, but it don't work. I need help. My rule is to get a message or mail when/if my temperature sensor is below 15 degrees. And I want it to work every day if it is below 15. The rule should be like a warning to me. I have created one rule here on this picture and I know it is wrong.

The temperature sensor is a oregon scientific THGR122NX and it is a 433mhz

4be2ace106d6a5d6ce916e4d4717401f

Best Answer
photo

Here are two rules that does what you need. In addition to sending message the first time below 15 deg C is meassured, it also sends a message the first time the temperature is above 15. I have been using it for a year or so, and it works fine. I changed the variable name from Norwegian to make it easier to understand.

037bb2e7b979a6034322b07343b9bf47

Replies (25)

photo

Show us your scheduler. Did you click repeat every day?

photo

9a03fb0f778c7d7e0c3496c68ef7673cbec824ab5f2d693b824662e6eb94394d

photo

Scheduler looks ok. But do you have at 1500h in summertime temperature under 15 degrees. Perhaps this is the reason it does not fire?

photo

I don't know what you mean with 1500h. The temperature sensor was under 15 degrees yesterday, so my oregon works fine

photo

Your scheduler starts every day at 15:00h (see your picture), I think at this time of the day in the moment temp is higher than 15 degress. If you want to start the scheduler at 06:00 in the morning you have to change the time.

photo

okey, I understand you. But it should start yesterday after 15:00 because it was under 15degrees yesterday after 15:00.

photo

The scheduler starts exactly at 15:00h and then never again at his day. I use a similiar rule but start the rule every 4 hours for a garden pump.

Make another rule:

if temp < 15

send message

wait 3600 sec

So whenever temp is under 15 degress it fires and then wait for an hour and then it test again.

photo

okey. I dont understand what you mean with the rule. should I take off the scheduler? or how do I do the rule?

photo

You either test every hour or so for the temp with the scheduler or make a new rule which fires if temp<15 degress and than wait for i.e. one hour. Version 1 tests regulary and version 2 test if temp is low and then wait for while and then tests again. Both version will work.

photo

it spinning in my head:) I am a beginner. But I should try by my self, or else I write again

photo

Andreas is right, no point putting the schedules as it will not work. Follow his guideline, definitely works.

photo

he surly can, but I don't know how to build the rule. I sittning right now and testing but it not easy for a beginner.

photo

I don't understand the message in the rule, does it send one message or it send many message if it below 15

photo

Here is the rule. It is what you had in the beginning without the scheduler (and consecutively without the if condition.

As to the message, you can also see in the printscreen.

If im correct, it will send a message every time the temperature drops (or equals ) below 15 degrees, where it was higher then 15 degrees before. I hope it will not send a report every time it is below 15 degrees regardless if it already dropped below 15 degrees and then the temperature further drops.

If you have PRO license, you can add to the message also the measured temperature as on the printscreen.

photo

If I would be wrong and it would constantly send messages once the temperature is below 15 degree, you can do 2 tasks where you will involve a virtual switch. This way you ensure that every time only once the temperature will fall below 15 degrees, it will send a report but it will not send a report again until the temperature gone back above 15 degrees and dropped again below 15 degrees.

photo

okey, here are the test. The first rule work, but it sends message all the time. and I don't want that. 6e3d9e608e5aeae3c9435748a5571e15

photo
photo

Okey. I Will test tonight. I Will replay later

photo

here are the test. the first rule work, but it sends message all the time, and I don't want that.

a6d3d67861408eaddd3e62b0e0e376c8

The second´s rules you gave me doesn't work, they were incorrect. i could not save

23776a16ec6880fea02c549fc0c3166b

photo

Dennis,

Let me see if I understand your objective. You want a rule that sends you a message/email only at certain time of the day if at one point on the day (before obviously) the temperature dropped below 15??

photo

okey alberto,let me see if i can explain my very difficult rule. I WANT to know if my temperature sensor is below 15degrees every year every day and every time of the day, BUT only send ONE message, AND if the temperature rise above 15 and then fall below 15, I want a new message. I hope you understand me becuase my english is not so good.

It is ok, if I got a message if the temperature rise/over 15

photo

Here are two rules that does what you need. In addition to sending message the first time below 15 deg C is meassured, it also sends a message the first time the temperature is above 15. I have been using it for a year or so, and it works fine. I changed the variable name from Norwegian to make it easier to understand.

037bb2e7b979a6034322b07343b9bf47

photo

hello marius. I have done the rules now, so i will check couple of days. I come back with results.

photo
photo

Hey, just a little point: your rule does not work, if temp is exactly 15 degrees. Perhaps use in one rule "<=".

photo

Yes , I know, «less or equal» would be better. My temp sensor reports in tenths of centigrades though, so there is only a theoretical chance that the temp will stabilize on exactly 15. Even that would not really be a problem.

But if your my sensor reported only in whole degrees, I would use less or equal for sure.

photo

Hello marius. it seems to be working very good with the rules you gave me. I am very grateful for your help. I'm very curious how "variable" works, how to use it. But it does not matter how much you explain, I would not understand:)

my question is resolved, thanks.

photo

Thats good :-) A variable is just a placeholder for a value. It is used extensively in programming and makes code easier to manage.

In the zipato environment you can either use variables or virtual meters/sensors. They act the same way (you can assign values to them). Virtual meters/sensors can be set from anywhere using an URL, while variables can only be set in rules.

Variables are reset if the zipa-device reboots. So you should never depend on them for important stuff.

photo

hello all users. Now my rule doesn't work anymore, weird. is there someone how can help me? The rule keep sending all the time, it should only send one time. the rule have work 1 year now.

photo

I would open a ticket on Zipato Support, your rules look ok to me.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file