This object is in archive! 

New behaviour for roller shutter?

Pat@ shared this problem 7 years ago
Known

Hi

I control my roller shutter with the zipabox since few years now but the behaviour changed since few days. And it is a real problem.

Now, when you want to close the roller shutter with the zipabox, the zipabox doesn't send the "close command" to the roller shutter if the zipabox "think" that the roller shutter is already closed (0% or 100% position depend of the configuration).

The consequence is that if the roller shutter has been opened by its remote control directly, you can't close it after with the zipabox! It's a big problem.

Have you changed his behaviour? Could you rollback this functionnality and return to the old behaviour of the command?

Regards

Replies (13)

photo

Which shutter we are talking about? One of 433 MHz shutters or....?

If it is one of the 433 shutters, this is not a new functionality. It is probably more than half a year old. You can join your remote with the zipabox (which ever remote we support) and create a rule for shutter and remote. In that way, when you send commands using remote, the UI will know the position of the shutter after you stop it using remote

photo

This are SIMU roller shutters (a trademark of SOMFY). Yes in 433MHz

I don't know why I did not notice this problem while I have 8 roller shutters controlled each day (sunrise and sunset) by Zipabox. Only one of them is controlled with remote control once a day.

I will try your solution but this is quite long and complex to join 8 remote control.

SIMU remote control (like SOMFY remote) are they supported?

Regards

photo

Oh... I think I misunderstood. I thought you were complaining on the slider function.

But I still don't understand how it worked before. For example, slider is at 0% (opened) and you close it by remote. How did you manage to send command - open - using UI when it already was at 0% (opened)? I don't see how did it work before.

We don't support SOMFY transmitters.

photo

I use scenes and I run scene with rules. For example in the attached file, you have a scene which close all roller shutters, this scene runs every evening at sunset (position 0% for me). There is another scene which open all roller shutter every morning (position 100% for me) except one which is open manually with remote control. So this roller shutter keeps its position 0% all the day because it was opened manually. Then on the evening when the "evening scene" is running, the Zipabox doesn't send the closed message to this roller shutter when the rule runs the scene because Zipabox "thinks" that the roller shutter is already closed.

I hope my explains more comprehensive.

photo

A few months ago I had a same problem with Somfy. Major problem is introduced when you use the somfy remote and the Zipabox. Since Somfy uses a 433MHz protocol. The shutters do not report their actual positions to the Zipabox.

For this reason i close/open the shutters each morning. That way i am sure that the zipabox knows their positions. Certainly not ideal, but i do not know any other way.

photo

If it is only the issue of "full open" and "full closed", I think it is a minor issue and I probably could fix it easily. I am talking about Pat's issue.

We don't support Somfy transmitters/remotes, but if you pick up any of the remotes we support, it could work like I described in my first post. I mean, the Zipabox can know the shutter's position even if opened/closed using the remote

photo

Yes it is only full open and full closed. It could be nice if you could change this behaviour because it is complex and expensive to join new remote controls and add new rules only to know the position.

photo

You can send me your box SN at zcerovski@3plus.hr and I'll try to make this fix and put it on your box so you can verify it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

photo

OK I sent it

photo

Hi Pat did you get this issue resolved? I have similar issue with somfy roller blinds. Thanks

photo

Hi,

yes, the Zipato team had installed a specific firmware to my box for testing. I think this fix will be included in the next release.

Regards

photo
photo

Hi Guys, I think I understand what you are trying to achieve here. Instead of running a scene, create a virtual switch. Then create a rule that "sets" the position of the blinds to 0/100 on on/off of switch. You can create a group for the blinds, or set them individually. Setting the position should work as opposed to activating a scene. Let me know if this works.

photo

Thanks, my problem was resolved

photo

Hi,

I have this problem now with my roller shutter (chacon).

When I ask for 25% it goes 100%, I f I ask 50% it goes 80 % and so on...

I have changes the time configuration, but it doesn't change a lot.

Las year it was working fine, but since....6-8 months may be, the time isn't respected.

photo

I am using Zipabox 2 (firmware 1.3.65) and I have the same problem as described by Pat@ : when I asked Zipabox to set the Shutter (Somfy RTS) to 100% the Zipabox does not execute the command (!) if it believes that the shutter is already at 100% (in the interface). This is a problem because the shutter position may have been changed manually in between. Can we force the command to be executed? it there a solution (commands from the Somfy remote cannot be received by Zipabox)

photo

Hi,

in your rule put startchangedown or starchangeup instead 100% or 0%.

So whatever it position it moves up or down.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file