This object is in archive! 

New configuration for zones configured to ARM STATE - ANY

Alberto Macias shared this idea 7 years ago
Under Consideration

Today my family woke up at 3 am with the sound of my siren, after checking everything was ok (wife quite a bit upset since the baby woke up) I checked my history to find out what happened.

I have a zipato quad sensor in my main hall door, which was configured to ARM STATE - ANY (usually is closed when I arm the system HOME and opened when I arm the system AWAY from my zipatile so I can walk out and close the door, it is also my entry/exit zone. What happened is that even that my door was closed since 10 pm the sensor was reporting OPEN state. While going to bed I was able to arm the house without realizing the door was reporting incorrect state, and then after 5 hours later the sensor reported CLOSED to the controller which triggered my alarm.

My request is to add a new configuration for Zones configured as ARM STATE - ANY, which would be like "BREACH STATE" or "ALARM STATE" so zones like this can be configured to start the alarm only when they detect "OPEN" (in this case) or "MOTION" in the case of a motion sensor that can be configured as ANY since you will move through the exit/entry zone while arming.

Replies (2)

photo

I have an ongoing problem of my alarm reporting under the following circumstances: I mostly have zipato duo sensors with blind interval of 60 seconds (I had default 180 seconds before and it was more often problem. I still have one sensor that is a different brand and has its blind period longer than 60 seconds). My exit delay is 60 seconds (just changed it to 180 seconds to test the system) and when i leave the house and arm the system, after 1 minute I receive alarm notification of system breach. All my sensors are set up as exit zones and with bypass allowed and also with remove bypass to reduce false alarm when leaving

I guess what's happening is that when my motion sensor in any other room senses motion (for example as i walk out of the house from the living room) I arm the system. The 60 seconds counts down, however even after 80 seconds the motion sensor still showing motion, it triggers the alarm and it goes off.

Does anyone have similar experience?

photo

Attila,

Yes indeed, I have had the exact same problem with my aeotec multisensor 6 a couple times, my alarm has been triggered from MOTION to NO MOTION change of states. Now that I saw the same problem for a door sensor I think this new configuration would be nice, that way if your sensor changes to the "safe state" it won't trigger the alarm, maybe a silent notification would be nice...

photo
photo

Yes Attila, best way to solve it is to make your motion sensor's reset time shorter than your exit delay. The sensor should reset to NO-MOTION before the exit delay timer expires. It seems that Zipato check the sensor's status on timer expiry (incorrect logic) instead of listening to events coming after the timer expiry.

Hope this helps

photo

I wouln't call it "solve" the problem, as you can see above there was a 5hr delay between the event of closing the door and the sensor reporting it. I think Zipato has to do something about this.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file
Access denied