This object is in archive! 

Is it posible to reset cumulative power consumption for meters?

Alberto Macias shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

I have a few qubino and fibaro devices which have cumulative and current consumption which you can see on zipato interface. I would like to send a report by email based on the electric power supplier time periods so I can compare how close is the data reported to my electric bill.

Does anyone knows if this is possible? This would be very useful also for zipato power meter and other modules with this capability.

Replies (2)

photo

sadly not really. I have asked Zipato to implement something like this, a way to get all power cumulative consumption meter values over a certain period so you can email them to yourself. But it is not on their roadmap. Fibaro do this, and it is a very popular feature, people like to see how much power they are using so they can managed their home better.

You can get current power and cumulative power values of a device and email this to youreslf, but I can not figure out a way to get cumulative only between specific periods in time. As the devices themselves only give the overall cumulative consumptions values.

photo

How come this cannot be on the roadmap. Sometimes I wonder what is going on in their heads... power consumption control and monitoring is one of the first things any people would like to do in a smart home.

Maybe if many users request this feature... but then another year wait for it to be implemented (sigh...)

http://www.fibaro.com/us/fibaro-system/power-metering

Leave a Comment

Attach a file