This object is in archive! 

Nest - Gen3 - setting setpoint

Powerbox shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I need some help with setting up my Nest thermostat.

i connect it with my zipabox and get 2 modules. ( moerasvaren and moerasvaren downstairs.). that seems Ok.

I got 2 devices ( levelcontrol and thermostatmode.)

All seems ok.

i can make a simpel rule that makes the Nest change from "away" to "home" and via versa and that works fine but i can't set the temperature anywhere... I think i need to set a setpoint but i don't no where.

can some help please? I need this to make a bigger rule.

Replies (19)

photo

Did you try to bind these thermostats to a virtual Thermostat and tryto control the setpoint from there?

photo

I don't now what you mean. :(

This is what i have of virtual devices.

photo

Check those videos:

https://community.zipato.com/knowledge-base/articles

https://www.youtube.com/user/zipatotv

then look for hpw to add a Virtual Thermostat (or Virtual Thermostat Pro), then you will understand what I mean :-)

photo

No luck yet.

With the URL for the setpoint i get a error ( attachment)

The target_temperature is a virtual device what was been automatic beeing places in the virtual devices when you add the NEST. so i don't untherstand why i get a error when i try the URL.

photo

still you did not use a virtual Thermostat. Check the images I added in sequence:

69103d6bab1cdc43914c4c227d05c0a4

47677b6bda872c0e98f21879fc3809b6

fbd40708beb61c4318028d4701594b85

Here you can choose any of those, depending on your license. But the normal should suffice.

c20b0d0b05f15e7fb82dbcdeab2d4c8b

Her you can configure the Virtual Themostat.

1) input: is for the physical devices that can control the Virtual Thermostat. It should be the NEST because each time you control the NEST physically, the setpoint temperature will be synced with the Virtual Thermo

2) output: is for the devices you want to control through the Virtual Thermostat. Each change in the Virtual Thermostat will be updated in the physical devices. Here also should be the NEST

3) Temperature: is the sensor you use to read out the current temperature. of the room. Either you use the NEST itself or any other sensor in the same room, or both

you will end up with this widget in yor device list when everything is done:

bbedfc6f2354b8b2aef78707ceb6cc39

from there on you can control the setpoint.

If this does not help, I advise to open a ticket to Zipato. They will support you for sure.

Regards

photo

Yes i had try this but it only works one way.

If i change the thermostat bij hand it change in my zipato. When i change it in zipato, it is not change the temp on the thermostat. :'(

photo

You need to add the nest inside the virtual device as input, output and also temperature. It seems that you have not added Nest as heating input therefore the change is not communicated back to nest.

photo

i think i understand but i don't have the options when i make a virtual device. see attachments. even the thermometers are not a option. i feel like a beginner in this... :(

I hoped when i started over again ( delete all nest things ) it solve everything but no luck. Still the same. (adding Nest again and making a new device.)

i hope you have more great ideas?

photo

I think in the input picture you have the right one selected, but the outpud does not seem right, it should be the same device. As to the thermometer, i dont understand why you dont have nest. What is thermometer Pietertje?

photo

That is a thermostat an a radiator but that is off line. It is a project for next week :)

I really don't understand why it is not working.

I also tried a other firmware. Newer and older. No change.

I have taking of the power. No change.

One thing is also not working but is a other issue. I can't restart de box in the console. He says, cant restart the box? I have to take out the power.

But I think this is a other issue.

photo

I can't Use the same output because It is not on the Dropbox

photo

This is strange because I can see the Thermometer in the device list9919c0865f1c14e71e41ff6b35c98e81

Just expand this one (and all sub elements) and send me a screenshot.

photo

That is the virtual thermostat that I have made and named it that way.

That is the where the in and output are defined.

( sorry for the bad englisch sometimes. I am from the Netherlands.)

photo
photo

Did you contact support on this issue?

photo

5 min ago but I hope someone in the community has the answer because I think that will be quicker.

photo
photo

:( :'(

no reaction....

Somebody me be a idea for solution???

photo

Did you ever fix this as I have exactly the same issues as you were having...

photo

Contact support for sure. Set the ticket as high priority.

photo

Thanks - have raised a ticket. I am contemplating moving from SmartThings to Zipato and with all this hassle its 50/50 at the moment!

photo

I have had one reply from support that wasn't too helpful - still don't have this working properly.

If I try the URL from the endpoint cluster in a browser i get a 404 error - does everyone else get this?

photo

My URLs look like this - can someone who has it working confirm theirs look like this?

https://my.zipato.com/zipato-web/remoting/attribute/set?serial=(myserial)&apiKey=undefined&ep=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxd&value1=

(the xxxx are a bunch of hex numbers which I assume are unique)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file