This object is in archive! 

Can i control my home reccuperation via Zipato? SystemAir SAVE VSR 300

Evaldas shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Hey guys, i am new to this Zipato thing and now building the house.

Bought SystemAir SAVE VSR 300 and would like to control it thru Zipato. It says: availability to connect

Modbus per RS-485

Will i be able to control it?

thanx guys for all.

Replies (9)

photo

email support for this question would be best

photo

Ok i see on my reccuperation unit these slots:

photo

Please check the recuperation documentation, you will find here each slots and their combination meanings

photo

I'm actually just about to post a ticket to try to get my Brink Renovent Sky 150 heat recovery ventilation unit connected, also via Modbus. Last night I finally managed to get all the bits and pieces connected.

It looks like your unit may be somewhat similar to mine, but you may have an easier job if the manufacturer provides you with a Modbus-to-IP adapter. My setup is more complex: I have to connect a Modbus to RS485 adapter called Brink Connect to a connector on the edge of a circuit board inside the machine. Then from there two cables run to a Modbus RTU (RS485) to Modbus IP adapter. Then I connect this adapter to my router.

In your case, if the manufacturer gives you a Modbus to IP adapter you just need that one adapter rather than two.

Having figured out what the IP address of the adapter is, you can then try to add the Modbus device to the Zipabox. But probably you will first need to talk to support so that they can set up support for your particular device. That means digging into the manual and finding the information on the Modbus addresses that allow the parameters of the unit to be controlled. I found the following info in my manual. It's the kind of stuff that Zipato will need to know to set up support for it.

Modbus addressDescriptionCorrection factorSignedRemarks6001 Flow rate (m3/h)1 noAdjustable in steps of 5 m3 /h6006 Operation bypass valve1 no0 = Automatic /1 = Bypass valve closed/

2 = Bypass valve open6013 Set control mode1 no0 = as per Brink appliance 1 = as per ModBus

photo

Sorry about the messed up formatting. Gah. I'll try again:

Modbus address Description Correction Factor Signed Remarks

6001 Flow rate (m3/h) 1 no Adjustable in steps of 5 m3 /h

6006 Operation bypass valve 1 no "0 = Automatic /1 = Bypass valve closed/2 = Bypass valve open"

6013 Set control mode 1 no 0 = as per Brink appliance 1 = as per ModBus

photo

Damn, that's too complex for me.. i am far away from geek ;) i feel i wont be able to set it up :D

photo

Where you are from Evaldas? Does your Brink Renovent Sky 150 recovery ventilation has OVR function? Where did you buy it?

photo

I am from Vilnius, Lithuania. It's SAVE VSR 300, not Renovent. It's in Lithuanian, but i can get in EN also.

https://www.systemair.com/lt-LT/Lithuania/Products/gyvenamuju-namu-vedinimo-sistemos/rotaciniai-irenginiai/soninio-pajungimo/save/save-vsr-300-rekuperatorius/

OVR? i dont know whats that. IF you talk about remote controler - so yes, it has one included.

photo

Don't despair. It's actually less complicated in your case because SystemAir seem to be more clued up about home automation than Brink.

First look at the documentation section of the link you sent. There's a ModBus manual containing the information Zipato would need to make your system work:

Modbus for Residential units_D24810_User_manual (A005).pdf

You could just send that manual to them in a ticket and they could probably add support for the SystemAir 300.

Even better news is that SystemAir seem to have built the ModBus adapter into the unit itself. There's a network cable (RJ45) socket built in, so you can run a cable from there to your router. Once that's done, the device should have an IP address. Then open a ticket with Zipato and send them the aforementioned PDF, tell them the IP address of your unit, and ask them if they could (pretty please) add support for the SystemAir 300.

If you can't run a network cable to your router, you have another good option: a ModBus to Z-Wave adapter:

https://www.systemair.com/globalassets/documentation/64581.pdf

In this case, I suggest opening a ticket and sending this PDF to Zipato to ask them if they could support that Z-Wave device. If so, you can buy the adapter and a power supply and it's just a question of plugging in the adapter and power supply and waiting for Zipato to add support.

This is much, much easier than my Brink Renovent.

photo

David- you are IT / Zipatile Guru!

From Now all is quite clear! Thanx a ton!

photo

Experience peace of mind with our Authorized-appliance.com repair service. Our team of certified technicians is dedicated to restoring your appliances to peak performance, ensuring efficiency and longevity. Whether it's your refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, or any find other household appliance, we've got you covered. With years of expertise and access to genuine parts, we deliver reliable solutions tailored to your needs. Say goodbye to the inconvenience of malfunctioning appliances and hello to hassle-free repairs. Trust in our commitment to excellence and let us handle all your repair needs with professionalism and care. Rest easy knowing your appliances are in capable hands. Contact us today for prompt and efficient service that keeps your home running smoothly.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file